We have been in such a rut lately, god even Joaquin and Grant had more of an active lifestyle and they had two kids. Even Robert and Preston as well and they had four kids. However, not us, no we were to the point we hardly ever went out anywhere. It had even got to the point we hardly had sex anymore. I was lucky if he was ever in the mood, but I guess his job was taking a toll on him. He was always working late, but today I was hoping to make our night special.

         It was our anniversary and I was going to stop by his office with a romantic dinner for two. I hope that this will lead to us finally getting out of this rut. We are in a desperate need of a romantic night. “So what are you planning for this romantic dinner?” Joaquin asked as we walked through the supermarket. He was carrying a sleeping Riley in his arms. I still couldn’t believe he was married with two kids.

        Never really thought he would ever settle down until he met Grant. They were married for almost four years and they still looked at each other as if they were the only ones around. That is what I wanted and I thought I had that with Jaxon. I still believe I could have that with him; I just needed to show him the spark we once shared back then is still there.

       “I’m not  too sure, what do you think will be a romantic dinner?”

      “Just because my husband is always doing things like that for me doesn’t mean I know what’s a good romantic dinner. If anything you need to just make something Jaxon is going to like. Like what is his favorite thing to eat?”

     “He eats anything but I guess the thing he likes eating most is a meatloaf dinner.”

     “Well there you go, make him that and then I can call my mom and have them get you a strawberry cheesecake ready. Since I know how much he loves the one from the restaurant.”

      “Thank you that will be great,” Joaquin called his mom for me while I got everything I needed to make the dinner. I paid for everything I need and followed Joaquin back to his car. “So are you going to help me cook this dinner?” I asked as he placed Riley in his car seat.

      “Sure Jazzy has been asking for you anyway and of course that is what we can have for dinner too.” I chuckled, he used to love to cook but with two kids and his writing career going so well, he never has time to fully enjoy it anymore.

      “Ah using Jazzy just so I could help you with dinner,” Joaquin shrugged his shoulders.

      “Hey I have a deadline I need to meet soon and I’m nowhere near being done. Between two kids and a husband that can’t keep his hands to himself I’m finding it hard to write.” I chuckled as he start his car.

      “At least you have someone who wants to be all over you.” he sighed and patted my knee, before giving me a small smile.

     “Aden he is just probably stressed at work lately, don’t worry about it too much. Every couple goes through a dry spell every once in  a while.” He reassured me.

     “I guess you’re right, I’m just hoping this surprise romantic dinner will get us through this dry spell. Well you and Grant never went through a dry spell.” I added.

       “And we didn’t have sex until almost being together for a year.”  he stopped the car at a red light and turned to look at me. “Aden every couple is different, there isn’t a couple out there who has the fairytale life. Everyone has their ups and downs sometimes, but it’s the fact they are willing to work it out that makes them last. Maybe you just need to talk to Jaxon and just tell him how you feel. Don’t keep all this bottled up, if your unhappy then tell him.”