"What does that even mean?" I shot back.

"Find out."

Distressed, I continued walking, not stopping to answer the voice.  Whoever the voice was, it was scaring me and worrying me to death.  Was there some sort of huge secret out there that they desperately wanted me to figure out, and for what reason would they try to help me?  The voice didn't sound familiar to me.  What could there be that would cause me to worry so much and try to adjust back to my own life?  Why was it like that?  And what could Bethany possibly be hiding; she seemed too nice of girl to have any sort of secret to hide.  Then, again, everyone has secrets, even if some aren't as scandalous as someone else's. 

Unless it wasn't a secret of ours, but some secret about us?  Or about something that didn't even pertain to us.  Maybe it was some random secret that could change our lives, even if it didn't directly relate to us.  Maybe if we found out, then it would begin to relate to us, and maybe then our lives would become endangered.  What would happen then if this voice was only trying to get us to find something out that could put us into danger?  Would this voice even have that thought in the back of their mind?

I doubted it, since their voice had such a calming tone, which did allow me to trust them.  But what if trusting them was the wrong thing?  What if Bethany and I trusted the voice, and ended up losing our lives?  Then what would happen to us?  "Bethany, I promise you that everything will be okay!" I shouted out, but she didn't answer.  She couldn't hear me.

Then a thought struck me; there was no way that Bethany could have exited this room faster than the time it had taken for me to enter.  Maybe I was going the wrong way.  Perhaps I had gone too far, and needed to go back.  I needed to make it out of here alive, and I needed to find Bethany so that we could figure just what is going on, so that we can try to save ourselves.  I didn't want to die, and although I had only met her today, I knew that she wouldn't want that either.  She found life too precious, and wouldn't want to get hurt.  I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

"Don't fret," the voice laughed.  "Just think of this like I game.  I promise you that it will be fun."

"A game like this could lose me my life!" I shouted.

"It could if you don't follow along with me.  Just come along on my little game, Kaylie.  You and Bethany can follow me along on the game, and everything will change."

“Everything, how so?” I asked, trying to defend my life.

This time, the voice spoke almost in a whisper, which was far too creepy for me to acknowledge the fact that the voice sounded familiar.  However, I still couldn’t place the gender or name of the voice.  “Find out,” said the voice.  “Walk five more paces, and reach out.  You will find a door, if you look hard enough.  Otherwise you’ll see nothing but blank space.  There you’ll find Bethany, who still won’t be able to hear you, but if you keep up with her, then you might just find out something interesting about her, or see what happens during this scene.” 

“Thanks,” I mumbled, feeling only an ounce of gratitude.  There was nothing more that I wanted to know about this memory.  I had found out too much, and I wanted to be out of this so-called game.  I wanted to call it quits.

I kept walking the five paces and then put my hands out, feeling around for a door.  As harsh as this might sound, I felt like a blind man searching about for something.  Something that he thinks is there, even if he cannot find anything.  I tried to reach out and ask for help, but there was no one there.  No one but the mysterious voice, who I’m sure was laughing at me by this point.  They were probably putting Bethany and me through this as a form of pure entertainment, not to try and help us discover a secret.