chapter seventeen:Star wars and soup

yay Andy got sour wolf slammed. Yo I miss teen wolf it needs to come back on. And they need to give Derek and Lydia some more screen time, those two are my forever baes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek's point of view:

Stiles huffed his breath forming a small cloud in the air, he sniffed his nose and looked at me tears welling up in his eyes.

"I'm so-s-so sorry."Stiles' voice cracked and he started sobbing.

I wrapped him in my arms no longer hesitant towards him, he shook under my arms and I rested my head on him.

"shhhh, it's not your fault."I mumbled soothingly.He nodded no and I felt his tears soak my shirt, I rubbed at his back gently and mumbled reassuring words in his ear.After what felt like ages, Stiles stopped crying and apologized for soaking my shirt.

I chuckled softly,"it's okay, you don't need to apologize."

Stiles wiped at his face, that was still red and sighed. The leaves descended from the branch they were once on, now piled into the ground. I looked back at Stiles who seemed to have gotten control of his emotions. He cupped my hands and kissed them, it surprised me a little cause his hands were so warm compared to this cool weather.

We sat in silence for a little, I didn't mind it was peaceful. The breeze made everything seem colder, but Stiles' hands made me feel a lot better.The school bell rang loudly and Stiles sighed face still puffy.

"hey, we don't gave to go if you don't want to."I murmured and Stiles nodded.

"Yeah, school is the least of my problems right now."Stiles wiped at his eyes and coughed.

"Want me to take you home, i'll make you the Hale's special soup and we can watch any movie you want, even star wars."I offered and Stiles smiled at me, behind his tired eyes I could see gratitude.

"okay."He nodded and we both stood up hand in hand. Stiles handed me his car keys and we slowly made our way to the jeep.

it's pale blue paint chipped from small corners and its windshield had dusty around the edges. I let go of Stiles' hand and he walked to the passenger side. I got into the driver seat and shut the door behind me, I carefully put the key in the ignition and drive drove out of the parking lot.

The roads that were once empty now filled up with cars, people going into work, people getting out of work. It was annoyingly hectic.I sighed and continued to drive slowly through the packed streets.

******

I poured my family's soup for all sicknesses into a large bowl, and carefully handed it to Stiles. He wrapped himself in a thick blanket and curled up on his coach, the warm soup I made now in his lap. I poured myself a bowl and gently sat besides him, the beginning to star wars played out and I internally groaned.

Not only did I not like star wars, I did not like watching it for practicing three hours. Stiles blew at his soup unsure and smiled hesitantly at me. He scooped up a couple of noodles and juice from my meal into his spoon a quietly slurped.

He moaned in delight and grinned at me.

"you wanna know the secret ingredient?"I baited him and he nodded.

"wolf's toe nails."I lied grinning.

Stiles practically choked on his soup in surprised and I laughed.

"no, I'm just joking the secret ingredient is a pinch of vanilla, even though you can't really taste it."I Got a spoon full of my meal and poured it into my mouth.

Stiles glared at me but there was this light twinkle in his eyes, He continued to eat every now and then he would nudge me and I would grin. He enjoyed the soup and finished it in minutes. I followed behind him not so soon, the house was warm and calming, not a sounds to disrupt us. Stiles let me under the blanket and I thanked him quietly, even more warmth filled my body.

*******

I woke to the sounds of shhhs and awws, I felt a warm body by me and I automatically knew it was Stiles. I stifled a yawn and sat up gently, afraid if I moved to quickly it would wake Stiles.I rubbed at my eyes and noticed that Melissa, Scott, Allison, Lydia, and John were all staring at me.

I would have felt self conscious if I wasn't so tired. The living room was darkish but the tv light and the lamp illuminated the room so I could still make out everyone's faces. Lydia grinned at me and I frowned, what exactly were they doing here.

"great news! Deaton made the cure already."Scott chimed happily.

Wait what?