Paradigm

*Brian's POV*

"Okay... Let me try again."

I sighed as I watched while Jimmy tried to lick his elbow. It was funny the first twenty times, now I was just bored and slightly annoyed. I would've left to do something better than watch my friend roll on the ground, however almost everyone I knew were currently in a meeting with Cliff. I was strictly told by Darrell to stay in my room with Jimmy, who was given the task to make sure I don't escape.

Honestly, there was a point where I actually liked it here, all we did was drink and party. Every day was the same. If I was younger, I would've loved that, maybe that's why Jimmy still loved it and had no problem.

However, now I was a parent, an adult, close to forty. The definition of fun had changed a long time ago.

For me, fun was to lay in bed with Michelle and tell her about my day before going to bed. Fun was to go to the golf courses with Matt and Brooks, and just watch them play while I had flower-scented, fruit-flavored cocktails. Fun was to take my kids and my nephews to the playground, sit on the benches with the guys, eat ice cream and watch our kids play.

The door opened and Rita, Vinnie and Dimebag walked inside. They stopped when they saw Jimmy still fighting his own arm. Dime shrugged as he closed the door behind his girl, "Don't worry, babe, he's always like that."

She scoffed as she sat on the armchair in the room, "I used to live with ya pretty much my whole life, I'm used to it." Dime rolled his eyes with a smile s he made his way to her and sat on the armrest while Vinnie sat next to me.

After a short moment of silence, Darrell spoke up, "Brian,we have news... And honestly, you're not gonna like them."

Jimmy got off the ground and sat right next to me, he knew I was going to need comfort.

Dime cleared gus throat and finally started to speak, "As you know, we had a meeting ... And it was about you. You and your father share the same name, correct?"

I nodded as I literally gulped. That did not sound good. It took me literally a few seconds to realize why he asked that question. Jimmy caught on quick as well and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I was quiet as I simply looked at Darrell, I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything at all, I only felt as one tear escaped and ran down my cheek, soon followed by others.

With a shaky voice, I said, "What's going to happen?"

Dime ran his fingers through his hair as he replied, "In one month, you will wake up in your bed. The same exact thing that happened on Jimmy's tenth anniversary is going to happen again, however you're not going to die, but your father. The world will forget about your death, because technically it never happened."

I shook my head as anger flew through me, "There has to be another way, Darrell, my father can't just die, I can't go back there!"

The door burst open and we all turned our heads to see Cliff standing in the doorway, "There's one thing."

He closed the door behind his back before he spoke up, "You see, ever since I found out about the whole situation we have going on, I found something in the books.

"So, it's supposed to happen in one month, right? After one month, you can stay awake after three in the morning and this is when the Reaper is going to come. He will take up your challenge, which means that you will have to fight his people a few months after your meeting.

"If you win the fight, you will get to decide what's going to happen, if I'm correct, you want to send your father back to the upper world."

I scratched my chin as I raised an eyebrow, "Fight the Death's crew? All alone?"

After a pause, Cliff sighed, "It wasn't written in the book, that means it's not technically not following the rules... But then again, when did I give a fuck about the rules?

"Your family, same people that came down here a few months ago, along with your father and any other necessary people that are needed are going to come here the night you meet him. Well, the day after that, after you've met the guy, meeting Death is too much for mortals."

I got up, took a few huge steps and hugged Cliff, causing him to laugh as he stumbled, "Thank you for trying your hardest to help, man. It's dearly appreciated, thank you so much."

He chuckled as he rubbed my back, "You're more than welcome, you guys are family."

We pulled back and he looked at all of us, "Now, tomorrow you can slowly start to give them signs. James and Darrell are more experienced, they know what's best to do. You have my permission to do whatever you want, just don't fuck up."

We bid each other farewell and he left. I sat back on the couch and sighed, "Okay... I thought that I won't have to fight any supernatural and immortal creatures again, but here we are."

Jimmy snapped his fingers and our favourite drinks appeared in our hands, "Welcome to the club."

After we had a round or cheers, Darrell spoke up, "But for real, guys, we should think about what we're gonna do."

I nodded as I cleared my throat, "Yea, that's for sure.

"Last time it was obvious that it was you guys, we expected you. However, because I've been dead for only a few months, not even half a year, I think we shouldn't give them obvious clues. Maybe like, appearing in a dream, or making a song appear on the radio."

Jimmy nodded as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder, "Yea, that would make them think about you more which is gonna make the coming down here easier 'cause that way the connection will be stronger."

There was a moment of silence until Rita spoke up, "You guys know what's about to happen, right?"

We all shared a few glances and we all pretty much had smirks on our faces. After a small pause, I nodded, "Absolutely."

I haven't updated much, I apologize for that. I hope that these updates made up for it.
See ya!
-Nick