7. Successful Experiments

Comenzar desde el principio

"That's the only thing that's gonna hurt, Eren," Hange spoke to the boy. The seniors completely ignored Mikasa now. And, Armin did not even speak. He stood behind his friend and watched the procedure being performed.

"It was about 10 years ago," Aura continued speaking to Eren, "the Survey Corps were returning from an expedition and I wanted to visit them.."
Hange fake-coughed. "..to tell Erwin I love him.."

"Tch," Aura looked back at her friend, "so I went there, for.. whatever reason. And Dr. Jaeger was appointed for that night to provide them with any emergency care they needed. I met with him and spoke with him. He even asked us to visit your house, but the army was in a hurry to come back to the Colonith base. So I told him I'll visit the next time I'm in Shiganshina. However, I never really went there again in all these years."
"So you don't really know him?" Eren asked.

"Well, I did send him a couple of letters when my father got sick, and he replied, stating his opinions about the case. They stopped after the breach in Wall Maria, of course."
"Exactly. Where did he go?"

Aura looked up to meet Armin's eyes. They had the same angst in them as they had the day of the coronation. They still had not told Eren, and he seemed to be too dumb to figure it out himself. "Oh boy! That's a conversation for a different day," she said, tapping on his shoulder, "turn around and lay on your back now. You'll have to be like this for a few hours."

"Wait, it's done?" Eren looked at Hange for affirmation. She nodded. He looked at the doctors and saw them containing a colorless fluid in a jar. "I didn't even feel a thing," he said, looking at Mikasa, "see, I didn't even feel a thing."

"Okay, Eren," Aura spoke to him again, "you'll have to be like this until either of the three of us tell you otherwise. No training for you today, I'll speak to the Captain myself. And, drink lots of water. I'll go downstairs and send you a nice glass of milkshake, okay? Which flavor do you prefer?"

"Milkshake?" the boy looked at her dumbfounded.
"They're from Shiganshina," Hange reminded her, "they've never had milkshake, honey."

"Oh! And you've never given them any here either? Your seniors are so selfish, kids! You know what, I'll get milkshake for everyone today."
"Honey," Hange tried to bring her back to reality, "Erwin.. funds!"

"Erwin doesn't have to worry about it," she said, washing her hands, "it's on me."
She left, humming a tune, suddenly in a good mood. "Did you see that mood swing?" Hange asked Sherridan, "from pissed to focused to benevolent in 15 minutes. Huhh.. maybe she's gonna get her period soon. Armin, Mikasa..?" Something came over Sherridan, and she followed Aura out too, leaving Hange in the middle of her dialogue.

"Hey, Aura," she chased her in the hallway, "wait up."
"Hi, what's up, love?" Aura stopped on her quest to buying milkshake for everyone. "Are you okay?" her new friend asked, looking at her with concern in her eyes.

"Yeah," she smiled back, "why?"
"Nothing. Just.. umm.. do you mind if I chip in for the milkshakes? I mean.. it's not something you should get for everyone by yourself. And.. umm.. I'd also like to share the pet project, if that's okay with you?"
"Honey, it's okay. I can get it."

"I know you can. But, I'd love to help. Plus, with the wedding coming up and everything, you'll have a lot of spending anyway. Please.."
"Tch, okay," Aura surrendered, "you can chip in for the milkshakes. I don't even know why I'm getting it. I just felt like the kids should know what milkshake is, right?"

"Yes, yes," Sherridan squeezed her shoulder as she looked like she was about to cry, "are you supposed to get your period in a few days? Cause.. oh my God.. hormones!"
"I think so, yeah! Let's go, treat everyone.. for no reason at all."