I layed there, breathing and silent, slowly calming down from my anger and enjoying the sounds of the birds for what must've been 20 minutes before a twig snapping behind me echoed through the trees. I spun around, holding my breath.

There, was a stag. A large stag.

Carefully and slowly, I reached for my quiver and pulled out an arrow. I slowly and as silently as possible, strung the bow and aimed.

The large creature sensed some sort of danger and perked up. I took a silent breath and released my arrow.

Tswoos. 

It missed and lodged itself in the tree that was next to it's head.

The deer sped off running.

I cursed and slammed my fist down on the rock. And then proceeded to curse louder because the rock was very hard and I threw my fist with a lot of force.

My recovery from anger was instantly squandered.

I picked up my bow and staff and tramped over to my arrow that was lodged in the tree, pulled it out and placed it back in my quiver.

I continued to trek forward, looking for a new place where I could go and look for more possible hunt. A while later, I came across a large rock. It was about twice the size of me, but not nearly as tall as the crows nest back on the Jolly Roger. I gaged the size and then threw my staff, quiver, and bow on top of it. I then started to climb. It was steep, but not vertical. It had a slight incline which was helpful for my leg, though not by much.

I ignored the incredible throbbing in my leg as I climbed, foot hold to foot hold. After a while, I reached the top, panting and grimacing. I looked down at my leg and saw that it had not yet started bleeding again. Good. It meant I had more time.

After I had recovered from the physical taxation of climbing that large stone, I looked down to the surrounding land. There were no animals to be seen. So, all I could do was wait.

15 minutes.

30 minutes.

An hour.

Two hours.

At this point, I had been away from camp for 3 whole hours. I didn't care. If Pan wanted me to get the boys food, I was going to get them food. They're just going to have to wait for however long it takes.

Just then, I saw a large doe creep out slowly from behind a bush. She was slow as can be. I was about to release an arrow, when I saw a young fawn come out from behind her. I slowly lowered my bow and watched them.

They were so pure. The doe nuzzled the young fawn's head and they proceeded to munch on leaves and bushes that they found in the forest.

I put my bow down, sneering at it. I could never learn how to use that in under one day! What the hell was Pan thinking? Oh, I know. He was thinking of playing another game. A game to get Rowan to fail tasks over and over again. I shoved it away from me.

Beneath me, there were now squirrels, rabbits, more deer, and a few birds. I just sat there and watched them.

At a moment that appeared to be completely arbitrary, the bird's call changed and all the little animals sped off into different directions. I was suddenly on high alert. I picked up my useless bow and held it, hand on an arrow. The next noise caused my hair to stand on end.

Awooo!

A very large, very loud wolf weaved lazilly through the trees. Then another. And another. Soon a pack of 6 wolves were walking around beneath my rock. At first, they appeared to be about the size of a human.

𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐞 ⎈ 𝘗𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘗𝘢𝘯जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें