Volume II / Chapter Twelve: The Storm After The Calm

Start from the beginning

Ryoma: Now, hold up...

Weiss: I have done nothing but fight to uphold the honor of my family name, a name that you married into!

As Jacques raised his hand to smack his daughter in retaliation, the Tenno gripped his raised wrist with his right hand.

Jacques: ?

Upon seeing the Tenno holding his wrist, Jacques soon found the dark aura of the void enveloping around both his wrist and the Tenno's hand, ready to detonate at the Tenno's command.

Jacques: !?

And in that moment, the Tenno whispered in an oddly calm manner.

Ryoma: Don't even bother, Jacques. I've lost my patience, as well as a hand, to get here. I'll be more than happy to take yours in its place.

Letting go, The Tenno stood idly as Jacques pulled back his arm, terrified and outraged by the Tenno's threat. Not one to express his fear, Jacques instead took his outrage out on Weiss.

Jacques: This behavior of yours is incredibly disappointing! You couldn't possibly understand the lengths I've gone to in order to keep this family where it is. You think running off like your sister is going to make the Schnee name stronger? You're wrong! Siding with her only divides us.

Weiss: I'm not siding with anyone. I'm doing what I feel is right, and that does not include wasting my time up here...

Jacques: Oh, for the love of-.

Weiss: ...with these clueless people in Atlas. The Schnee family legacy isn't yours to leave. It's mine, and I'll do it as a Huntress.

He began to walk away from the two, towards the doorway, stopping there to turn himself towards Weiss. It was while doing this that he noticed Whitley peeking in.

Jacques: No... you won't. You're not leaving with this degenerate; You're not leaving Atlas; You're not to leave the manor grounds unless I specifically allow it. You are going to remain here, out of sight and out of trouble, until you and I come to an agreement on your future.

Ryoma: Tssch!

Weiss: What?!

Jacques: Your presupposition that you can simply have whatever it is you want is a clear sign of our failure as parents. But from now on, I'll be giving you the full attention you require, starting by keeping you where I can see you.