Chapter One

Maria's POV:
It is June the first. I have been packing for hours preparing for summer camp. It has been 2 weeks since school let out, Just got out of sophomore year of high school, and got broken up with by my boyfriend i've had since sixth grade, on the first day of summer. I know, it sucks. His name was Kaden. He had long knotty blonde hair with dark green eyes, and a cute ass dad bod. He was the love of my life, I did everything with him. He was my first boyfriend, my first kiss, my first time, my first... literally everything, and BOOM he cheated on me with a beautiful light skinned girl with short curly hair, and a gorgeous body. I've been trying to tell myself that it is his loss, but it's hard when he now has a stunning girl that probably gives a bomb blow job. It's his loss. It's his loss. It isn't his loss. I can't keep trying to tell myself that when it really isn't. I'm not beautiful, nor am I a drop dead stunning chick with a skinny stomach. I'm a fat ass white girl with plain short brown hair and bangs, and tiny lips. I'm nothing compared to her, but a piece of SHIT.
Im really depending on this summer to cheer me up and help me get over him. I've been packing some decently cute clothes with my doc martens and checkered vans. This summer, I will be a new me, and I will change and grow from a shit ass, to a bad bitch. I will be better.
Later that night
After I took a shower, I headed to the living room to sit with my mom and eat ramen noodles while watching The End Of The F*cking World for the 3rd time. Then that one scene comes up. That one damn scene. I start crying. Alyssa and James is such a pure and beautiful couple. James cares for her so much. I miss Kaden. I wish I had the James to my Alyssa.
"Maria, stop crying over this scene, love. You already know what's going to happen. Why keep crying over it?" My mom asks.
"Because they are such a beautiful power couple. Everything about them. James loves her so much, and I just wish I had a boyfriend like James. It makes me miss Kaden.." I respond stuttering through my words.
  "Maria he's a douche bag. Get over him, dear. You're so much better than him," She responds aggressively wiping a tear from my cheek.
My mom has always been such a strong woman. I've never seen her down and upset. She always keeps a smile on her face and keeps her head up high. Even when dad left when I was 10. She always tried to be positive. I aspire to be my mom. My best-friend. My Idol. My mom is just so amazing and inspiring.
  "Mom you are such a bad biatch," I say while smirking at her. She gets my head in a headlock and scratches it with her fist, causing my hair to knot up tremendously.
She stops, "I know."
Our episode finishes and I look at my phone. My phone says it's 10:46.
  "I need to go finish up the rest of my packing, and go to sleep. I have a long day tomorrow," I say as I get up and put my arms out waiting for a hug from my mom.
  "Okay, goodnight Maria-bug,"
  "Goodnight, mom"