New Project

~|•Mandy's POV•|~

I tap the edge of my pen nervously on my notepad. I'm sitting in the taxicab as it drives through New York City, taking me to my office.

You see, I run one of the best magazines in the tri-state area alone. Sunset Palm Magazine. You've probably heard of us. We do interviews, quizzes, articles on lifestyle hacks and foods, the bigheads at BuzzFeed got nothing on us.

I'm Mandy. Mandy Dia. (Disclaimer, not my real last name) I'm the head She-E-O of Sunset Palm Magazine. Author, journalist, and soon-to-be producer.

Well.....if I get the job.

But more on that later.

I cross my legs as I look at the skyline of Times Square as we pass the restaurants. I jiggle my leg up and down, tapping my three-inch heeled boot. I was doing a new review on the latest Banana Phone 11.

(......Not sorry.)

Although it's one physical flaw so far is it's lack of a headphone jack, sometimes it has trouble recognizing faces and fingerprints when needed to unlock. However, it's fifteen-minute charge time and large memory space make for lots of room, and the definition on its camera is amazing, along with its built-in Alexa for Echo Dot owners.

The cab stopped in front of the building. I handed the money to the taxi driver with a smile and left the car, the sound of my heels clacking on the pavement.

I headed into the building, I went in the elevator as it took me twenty floors up. Our headquarters are on the top floor.

The elevator opened as I plunged headfirst into business on my walk to the office. Assistants surrounded me on my way. "Miss Mandy! There several articles that need to be peer reviewed!" "Have the team share them on my drive." I left my coat and purse on the hook. "Miss Mandy, a representative for 'Hadestown' called, they agreed for an interview and behind-the-scenes tour for our Youtube page." "Call them back and schedule it for two on-Oh, hello Sasha, you have a great day!-Friday, nothing in the morning, I am NOT a morning person." I pulled out my compact mirror and reapplied my lipstick. My usual shade, funnel delight. "Miss Mandy, your usual latte." One of them handed my caramel latte to me. "Miss Mandy, there have been suggestions on putting better snacks in the break room."

I sipped my latte before speaking. "Order doughnuts and fruit cocktail for today. charge it to my card." "Miss Mandy, the author Quinn Silver had to postpone her interview for today. Shes in the middle of a Marvel marathon." "Call her back, tell her I completely understand. Send her a basket of cookies as recompense and for a movie snack. Gluten-free, of course. We are NOT animals."

I walked straight in my office. Teal blue walls with an extra large window to see the skyline. I opened my laptop. "Alexa, play my wake-up playlist." My Alexa assistant beeped. "Playing playlist now." I smiled as the opening song from 'In The Heights' played.

I checked my email first for THE email.

You see, I'm up for interviewing an up-and-coming girl group for a documentary. If all goes well, I could interview them and produce the movie. I can only wonder which band though. They never told me all of the details.

I finally found the email.

Dear Ms Dia,

We at Nether Productions are pleased to tell you we have chosen YOU to produce and interview for our documentary!

Our representative Betelgeuse will tell you the details, just say his name three times. Oh, and DON'T piss him off.

Good luck with him, you'll need it.

Wha-?

At least I got the job!

I sipped my latte again. I started a new document.

As newly minted producer of this new documentary, I was determined to make this one of the best that anyone has ever seen. I had a few doubts in the beginning, but I only had one real doubt.

Who was this new band?

(WELCOME TO THE SURPRISE BOOK! So.....SURPRISE! This is a new mini-book I'll be working on alongside my other books, now that my updating schedule is back on track! I'm excited to be working on this after finishing my second major book, and not to go all Varian on you guys, but I'm READY AS I'LL EVER BEEEEEE! I enjoyed this chapter the most, I am a BAWSE in this one, haha! I love all of you so much, and before I start, I want to thank all of my cookie cats that make my day with your comments and support on my books! Now get ready for a new adventure!)