Chapter 1

I woke up to a thumping getting louder and louder. I opened my eyes and see it was Zac running along the hallway and into my room. I was about to sit up but he jumped on my bed and started jumping up and down on me. I laughed and grabbed his little body and gave him a big cuddle.
"Mornin' buddy" I kissed him on the cheek.
"Good morning mommy!" He said giggling. I smiled at his cuteness. He snapped me out of my thoughts,"mommy I'm hungry!" He whined.
"Okay! Come on! Let's go to McDonald's!" I shout, making him excited.
"Yesssss!!!" He literally screamed back. Yeah McDonald's is his favourite.😂 I told him to go to his room while I got changed. He did as I told him to and after I heard that he shut the door I walked into my walk in closet to find something. I get some black and grey sweatpants, and black, flowy crop top and some grey flip flops. It was only 10am so I'm not dressing up. I put my hair in a messy bun and put my black raybans on. It's summer here in California so I won't look stupid with sunglasses on😂. I grab my phone and walk out of my room and into Zac's room. I go in to see him playing with his toys. He seen me and jumped up.
"Are we going Mommy?!" He said excitedly. Gosh you would think he was going to Disneyland or something!
"We just need to get your clothes on first sweetheart" I say as I go into his closet grabbing little jeans, a patterned shirt and some vans. He looked adorable. I fixed his brown curly hair and walked down the stairs with him. I quickly grabbed my car keys and walked out with Zac to my white range rover. I put Zac in his seat making sure he is strapped in, then I got round to the drivers seat and get in. I drove to McDonald's and went through the drive through. I ordered our food and went back home. As we were eating our breakfast, when Mahogany called me. I answered it.
"Hello?" I say
"Hey gurl!" Mahogany shouted through the phone. "How ye doin'?" She asked
"I'm good, how's travelling round America?" I asked. Mahogany hasn't been here for a week now and she doesn't come back till another 4 weeks which makes me sad that I won't see my best friend for that long but I'm happy for her and her career.
"Arghh, it's so tiring but I'm having loads of fun! Wish you was here though!" She sighed saying the last part.
"Yeah me too" I mumble. I then put the phone on speaker. "Zac say hello to Mahogany!" I gestured Zac to the phone.
He got up from eating his McDonald's, really excited because he loves mahogany.
"Hey Mahogany!" Zac shouted in his little baby voice.
"Hey buddy! How you doing?!" Mahogany shouted back just as enthusiastic and Zac was.
"I'm good! Mommy got me McDonald's!" He said to Mahogany making her laugh.
"Aww we will get some more when I get back too, what do ye say? Mahogany said laughing a little.
"Ye!" Zac said running back to his food.
"Okay I have to go guys but I will see you soon okay?!" Mahogany said. "Bye Mahogany!" Zac and I both shouted.
I threw mine and Zac's trash in the trash can and went upstairs to get ready while he watched TV. I went into my room and got a quick shower. I'm only being quick because I don't really like leaving Zac by himself for too long. I then got some high waisted, ripped black denim shorts and a black and white checkered crop top. I then put on my black and white Hightop converse. I quickly went over my hair with the straighteners and put on winged eyeliner and mascara. I was done within an hour, so I quickly ran down the stairs to see if Zac was okay. He was fine. Still in the same place watching sponge bob, just like me. I laughed at the thought. I walked up to him and asked if he wanted to go the park.
"YES!" He shouted. Wow this boy is easily pleased😂
We decided to walk to the park because it was literally round the corner. We got to the park and Zac ran to the slide. I sat down on the park bench and watched my beautiful son play and have fun. I was lost in my thoughts when a familiar voice shouted my name.
"Megan!" I turned my head to see the one and only Jack. What are the actual odds? Like really?
He came and sat next to me. "Hi" I mumbled
"What are you doing here?" Jack asked out of breath, I think he has just been playing basketball.
"We moved here about 2 years ago just after you left" I say quietly but loud enough so he can hear me.
"Oh, I see you have a boyfriend" he said looking down.
"No I don't" I say laughing a little. He looked back up and into my eyes.
"What made your move here then when you were only sixteen and who moved with you?" Just then Zac came running up to me.
"Mommy! Mommy! I want ice cream!" Zac said before looking at Jack. Jack looked at Zac then at me.
"When did you have a kid?!"he asked a bit angry now.
"9 months after you left" I said, a bit smartly
"What?! So I leave and then you go and get pregnant with someone right after?!" He was furious
"Jack calm down!" I say. His red face turned to look me in the eyes and he said.
"You want me to calm down when you went and done that!" He shouted
"Right I'm not going to say it here, you have already caused enough attention on us, you give me your number and I'll text you my address later, you can come over and I will tell everything then". I say calmly. He stared for a minute before giving me his number.
"Bye" he said coldly before walking off. I just sighed and carried Zac back to our house.
"Mommy who was that?" Zac asked. I was thinking if I should tell him but I think I should tell Jack first before I tell anyone else.
"His name is Jack, he is an old friend I used to go to school with." I smiled at Zac. He jut nodded and rested his head on my shoulder. I finally got home and made Zac some noodles. He ate the noodles, then I went upstairs to give him a bath and put some PJ's on him for bed. I tucked him in and kissed his head.
"Good night sweety" I. Said softly.
"Night mommy love you" he said while yawning.
"Love you too baby" I said while closing his door over making sure it was still a little bit open. I text jack my address and he said he will be over in 30 mins. I got in the shower and then put on some cheerleading shorts, sports bra and bed socks. I then threw my hair in a messy bun and took my make up off. I'm not trying to impress Jack I'm still pissed off that he just left and never spoke to me after that. I looked at the time and it was 8:30, Jack should be here any minute. As I was grabbing my phone off my bed, I heard the doorbell ring. I quietly made it past Zac's room and ran down the stairs. I opened the door and seen jack. God he looked hotter than he was. I told him to come in and to sit down.
"Would you like a drink before I start?" I asked. He didn't even look at me, he just shook his head and kept looking at the floor.
"Okay... The week before you left and we went to that party and we got completely wasted. Can you remember when we had sex and you must of forgot to put the condom on because obviously I got pregnant. I didn't find out till that week later, two days after you left. I kept trying to phone you everyday to tell you the news, but you didn't answer, so I gave up after a month because there was no point anymore." I said looking at him. He slowly looked up from the floor to me.
"See, so I didn't go and have sex straight after you left. I would never do that Jack" I say
"So your saying that kid upstairs is my son?" Jack said quietly.
"Yeah" I mumbled. "Your a dad Jack" I said. He smiled and came and sit next to me.
"Wow! This is some news huh? Can I stay the night, so I can be here in the morning when he wakes up and you can tell him I'm here... Wait does he even know about me?" Jack asked
"No it was too hard to talk about you once you left and plus I wanted you to know before he did because I didn't want to tell him about you and you would never even know about him" I say looking at Jack.
"I'm so sorry Megan, please forgive me... The only reason I didn't answer your calls was because I couldn't handle the depression of not being with you. It was too hard to go through everyday without you. I was finally getting over you about a month ago, but looking at you now, I obviously haven't gotten over you because I'm still deeply in love with you. You are my one and only princess, no other girl has the same effect on me that you have." He said staring deeply into my eyes.
"Jack you don't know how much I want to forgive you and how much I still love you but you can't just show up and let everything be okay" I said nearly crying. A tear rolled down my cheek and Jack lifted my chin up with his finger.
"Don't worry I understand. I'm never going to leave you Ever! And that's a promise!... Why don't you say we take things slow then you take your time to forgive me, I'll try an make up for the years I've missed, with my kid and my princess?" He said.
"How?" I asked "well if it's okay with you I'm going to move in here so I don't miss anything else and he is going to know how much I love him and your going to know how much I love you". He said softly, I smiled quite happy about what's happening. He slowly leaned in and so did I. Our lips met and fireworks were exploding everywhere! I missed this. I missed him. I pulled away and said,
"This doesn't mean I forgive you though, I'm just taking things slow." He nodded understanding and then asked me,
"Why did you move here then when you were pregnant?"
"Mom and Dad didn't approve of me being a teen mom so they gave me a shit load of money and basically threw me out" I sigh.
"Oh, I'm so sorry" Jack said hugging me. I just nodded. I don't want him to feel sorry for me. I'm a strong woman.
"The guest bedroom is upstairs and on your right. He nodded and said he is just going to his house to get some things. I told him where I keep the spare key and he gave me a quick kiss before walking out the house and to his.