Chapter 7

(A/N this is a super long chapter for me, it's double the length of the last one I just couldn't stop writing. I'm sorry :). I hope you enjoy getting to know Jay a lil bit.)

"So this is the warehouse?" I said rhetorically glancing at Jay as he parked the car.

"Welcome to our secret lair." He shrugged with an amused smile shocking me when I noticed his dimples.

"You have dimples?" I asked subconsciously poking it making him scowl at me. Serious Jay is back.

"Yes. What about it." He glared slightly.

"I'm jealous. I want them!" I crossed my arms slightly pouting. Don't judge. For some reason I've always had a strange obsession with them.

"Ew, I hate them. If I could physically rip them off my face and give them to you I would." He looked me dead in the eyes while saying this.

"I feel like I should be weirded out by that. But I would take them if I could." I nodded. The weirdness of it all crashing down making me laugh, surprised when Jay joined in too making me laugh harder. His laugh was contagious.

"Okay, I'm done. My stomach hurts and so does my face. I'm done laughing and smiling for the year." Jay said after we calmed down. "Let's go inside we've been sitting in the car for 15 minutes."

"Way to be Grey." I giggled a little bit at my own joke opening the car door.

"Seriously dude. I wasn't sure if I liked you. I can't read you. You cover your emotions with a shield. Except when angry. But I haven't laughed that hard in at least two years." Jay connceeded with a slightly guilty look as he unlocked the door.

"It's a defense thing. I felt the same. Don't look guilty." I shrugged. It was true. The other boys I liked but Jay he was always so hard to read. Well Grey too. But Grey amused me. Jay just sat on the sidelines lurking in the shadows watching.

"Alrighty, heart to heart over, ready for my masterpiece." He asked with a mischievous glint in his eye, as he pushed open the doors.

"Come on dude. I just got so excited for nothing. It's a god damn gym. Are you guys trying to tell me to lay off the pie?" I glared at him in suspicion after I entered the room. "But wow who did this art work it's incredible."

"Me, jackass. That's my masterpiece." He glared at me pushing my shoulder lightly.

"Dude, I know this is kinda fast and all like we just met but, let me paint with you and make a beautiful little baby." I stated with wide eyes as I took in all the details of the giant mural the flowed around the entire room.

"I don't know if I'm ready for that step in our relationship that's a big commitment." Jay shot back amusement lacing his voice.

"Jay whatever your middle and last name are, I swear to you, you will be the only painting partner for me. I commit." I grinned back at him, making him laugh loudly.

"I'm gonna regret this, but tell no one. Chase has been begging me since we met. The only reason I'm agreeing is because-"

"I'm amazing, fabulous, and incredible?" I cut in with a wide smile.

"Uhm no, because I did some research on you, I know you're good. But just so you know, I do know your secret. I see your slight tick, your fingers tap lightly when you're nervous, you're face got blank of any emotion. Loosen up, we all have our secrets. You can tell when you're ready your secrets safe with me." He nodded with a small smile.

And for some reason I trusted him. I don't trust anyone. Not really, even Kay didn't know. Ben did, not by choice. He literally stalked me to figure it out. He wouldn't tell anyone.