44. Part II

Bernie and I headed back inside from the beach shortly after our talk. She had offered to make me a full breakfast and I compromising with some toast and extra strong coffee. Which we were eating on one of the sofas watching one of those daytime shows.

Not much time had passed before all of Bruno's sisters walking downstairs dressing business smart.

"Don't you all look professional." Bernie smiled as we looked up from the television.

"Ready to sign a contract and take over the world!" Tiara announced excitedly.

"Watch this space, Tina! When we go down to L.A to record the demo we're counting on you to show us around!" Presley grinned.

"Since Bruno doesn't know his left from his right and Jaime doesn't want to." Tahiti said casting her eyes on her older sister making sure she caught her rolling her eyes.

"Sounds like a plan." I smile and I could feel Bernie looking at me. I hope our conversation between us stays that way...just between us.

"I'll make you girls some breakfast!" Bernie got up and went to the kitchen.

"I'll help." Jaime offered and followed her mother.

"So..." Tahiti said walking to me and sitting next to me on the sofa, the gesture made me feel uneasy. "Spill, Tina."

"Spill...what?" I looked between her, Tiara and Presley who had taken seats near us too.

"Spill everything about you and our brother! We tried to get it out of Jaime but she was hush, hush." Presley leaned in with unabashed excitement.

"Speaking of Jaime...I should help her and your mom." I attempted to get up and make my way to the kitchen.

"Na-uh-uh. Don't even try it." Tahiti grabbed my wrist and tugged me back to my seat. "Spill."

I sigh at the determined look in her eyes, it reminded me of Bruno. "Okay, I'll bite. What do you want to know?"

Presley cheered.

Tahiti had a devilish glint in her eyes as she steered the conversation. "What happened between you and Amelia? Did you guys fight? I would have loved to pull the bitch's stupid extensions off her stupid head."

Okay, definitely not where I thought the conversation was going.

I thought they would have loved Amelia when they met her...guess not.

"I...didn't." I said and the girls groaned in disappointment. "But I wanted to." It was like I was a puppeteer and their body language perked up. "Especially the night she turned up on my door step at three in the morning."

"What?" Presley asked with pure shock on his face. "She did what?"

"Yeah, that was when Bruno broke up with her and she just showed up shouting all these things outside my apartment for all my neighbors to hear..."

"No way!" Tiara leaned closer.

"She was drunk and I wasn't having the best night so we just argued then I told her if she didn't leave the building she'd regret it. That scared her off."

"I wish I was there to see that!" Tahiti moaned leaning back on the couch. "I was waiting months to find an excuse to lay one into her."

"You guys really didn't like her?" I asked, the surprise evident in my voice.

"The first thing she said to me was that she'd find me someone to fix my frizz problem..." Presley scowled with a perfect imitation of Amelia's voice.