1.

"Oh, Tina? Be a dear and fetch me a non-fat soy latte, easy on the whipped cream, darling" purred the fake Orange County accent of none other than Bridgette Atkinson, but we all know it was a pretence.

She's from Jersey; she's more likely to be BFFs with Snooki than Lauren Conrad.

"Sure" I replied rolling my eyes at the darling comment, I can't even...

This is my life, well, this has been my life for the past eight months at Mode Magazine here in Los Angeles, though I've been working there for about two years there but eight months ago was when my old mentor had left and was replaced with...Bridgette.

"Chop, chop, darling!"

Just because you finish your sentences with darling doesn't make it sound any sweeter.

The amount of times I roll my eyes at this woman makes me wonder why my eyes haven't been permanently damaged yet.

-

"The usual, Tina?" Asked the coffee barista as I walked in, I think her name was Hazel. I would remember but the majority of the time I'm in this café isn't the best of times.

"Yep" I said leaning on the counter as Hazel went to work. I looked around the decently crowded coffee shop to the tables where people were drinking, on top of the table laid a Mode Magazine issue. I had gotten a job at the magazine two years ago after graduating college. Being a paid employee wasn't so bad – well technically I was a intern but that's wasn't on the job description. The workload was manageable especially when you required no brain cells to do the tasks. I've always wanted to write though, and my old mentor knew and valued that. I didn't write much, but I still wrote sometimes, on the magazine blog, I used proof read sometimes...now that Bridgette came on board, I'm nothing but a lackey, an assistant, life pretty much sucks right now.

It was nearing the end of my day at work, in a few hours I would have my shift at the bar I also worked at. A girl had to survive in a city like this.

"You on your way out, Tina?" Asked another big name in the magazine, Analiese Underwood, editor in chief.

"Yeah" I stood up straighter and stopped packing my bag as she walked up to me.

"You have the day off tomorrow right?" Analiese double checked raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow at me.

"I do" I said wincing slightly.

Please, please don't tell me you need me tomorrow, I'd be too exhausted from my shift at the bar to be here at nine tomorrow morning.

"Well we have someone coming to the magazine for an exclusive interview tomorrow"

This was the first time I had heard of this, everyone in the office usually knew of all the people getting interviewed for an article here. Or of employees going to places for interview of those who aren't bothered to come here.

However I had no knowledge of there being someone having an interview tomorrow.

"Yes, his management called us up asking for an exclusive" Analiese indulged, my expression probably gave away my confusion.

"Who is it?" I asked with interest. We've had some pretty big people being interviewed for us in the past but it was always exciting having a celebrity coming here.

"Bruno Mars." Analiese answered with a smile. "Fan of his music?"

"Hmm...not particularly" I admitted, I wasn't exactly brave enough to lie to her face.

When she said Bruno Mars the only songs I could think of were Just The Way You Are, Grenade and... Marry You...yeah I was sure that was Bruno Mars who sang that song Raye had been obsessed with last year.

I wasn't exactly into those corny love songs that melted hearts while making them swell at the same time. I wasn't into songs about false love that didn't even exist.

"I know of his music, if that helps" I offered.

"Who doesn't? He was the biggest selling male artist in the world last year. Anyway, you don't have to come in but it would be helpful if you do, it might even be useful to you. You are a writer, correct?" My head snapped up in excitement at any word that had write in it. "Bruno is quite low maintenance so he probably won't make many requests or demands. She when he isn't you can observe the interview."

"Awesome." I smiled, I knew I always liked Analiese. "Whose taking the interview?"

"Bridgette." Analiese smiled and walked off.

Great. Fat chance observing shit now.

-

"Valentinaaaaaa."

Oh, God.

I turned around to see my closest friends had finally made it to the bar. I loved these guys, but not when they called me that name.

"Don't call me that!" I hugged Fara Patzer over the top of the bartop. The only ones who called me that was my mother and Bridgette when her patience was being tested which seemed to be a lot if I was involved.

"Or what?" Fara challenged.

"Or...no free drinks." I decided. "What can I get you guys?" I looked to the rest of them: Raye, Kendra, Trevor and Kenneth – Fara's boyfriend.

"Urm...I'm feeling frisky, jagermiesters!" Kendra cheered. This girl was crazy, I swear even water would make her frisky in a heartbeat.

"Coming right up" I made the drinks and passed it to them with ease.

"You not drinking?" Raye noticed and took a steady sip of her drink

"No, need to have a clear head for work tomorrow." I sighed.

"No way! I thought you had the day off! We're supposed to have lunch you bitch!" Fara punched my arm.

"Urm, ow?" I recoiled back. "I know we were but they need me in for an interview tomorrow"

"Who's the lucky celeb?" Trevor asked.

"Bruno Mars." I replied with jazz hands.

"What?" Raye exclaimed. "Oh my God! No way! I love him!"

"He has good songs." Kendra added in a neutral tone showing she had respect for him. Kendra didn't have much respect for most people.

"Yeah, he totally writes all his material" Our little fangirl, Raye added.

"I feel like you should be in the interview instead of me." I said to Raye. "I don't know anything about him except for that he sings those love songs." I said rolling my eyes.

"Wait, didn't he get busted with cocaine a couple weeks ago?" Trevor asked.

"I remember reading something about that." Kenneth agreed

"That must be why he wants the interview" Or should I say needed the interview. Probably to apologise for disappointing the public, saying he made a mistake, blah, blah.

"So all I got is that he got busted with Coke?" I asked the group.

"Did I mention he was cute?" Raye smiled in apologies. "And that he writes the most romantic songs ever?"

"And that defo trumps suspected drug addiction" Fara laughed.