c h a p t e r • 3

Start from the beginning

"You know the rules! No killing!" The announcer says as they began fighting.

My eyes widened when I saw a guy two times the size of Ryder.

"James..." I tugged on his shirt.

"He's gonna be fine." He assures.

Doesn't look like it.

Don't get me wrong, I love watching fights but not when I someone I love is in danger.

I couldn't look when they were fighting but the one time I did, the big guy throws a punch to his stomach which made my stomach churn.

I looked away again and waited for the fight to finish.

Finally, the torture ended and surprisingly, Ryder won.

His eyes connect with mine which made him widen his.

I sighed and walked back to the club.

I need a drink.

A lot of bitter/disgusting shots later

"You're so hot." A stranger says, grinding on me which made me giggle.

"I know." I winked.

He pulled me away from all the dancing bodies to a less crowded space.

I don't know where we are but who cares.

"Baby, the things I want to do to you." He let's his hands roam my body.

Everything was so blurry and I couldn't even walk straight.

"Later, darling." I smirked, winking at him after slipping out of his hold and going back to dance like a slut.

A few guys cheered on me which made me happy but someone pulled me away.

"Heyyyy!" I slurred. "Respect please! I was dancing in case you didn't notice."

"Where is your jacket?!" Ryder's voice asked sternly.

"I don't know...a leprechaun stole it, I think." I slurred, stumbling back when he let go of me.

He held my waist to keep me still.

I felt a cloth being thrown over my body.

"Hey! This is heavy! Carry it yourself, Giraffie!" I scolded.

Does he think I'm his servant?! Carry your own jacket, thank you very much.

"I'm not asking you to carry it, I'm asking you to put it on." He says, restraining his voice.

"Nuh-uh. It's hot in here." I say.

"Fuck it." He mutters.

"Fuck wh-" He put his leather jacket on me like a child and held me close to him by my waist.

He led us to the exit to which I frowned.

"Hey! I was having fun in there, you big oaf!" I defend. "Wha-your eyes are pretty." I giggled.

He fought a smile on his face so I used my hands to pull his lips upwards.

"What are you doing, Lili?" He deadpans.

"I'm cooking pancakes. How about you?" I say, innocently.

"Bringing you back." He says and pulls me with him.

He sits me in the passengers seat before putting on my seatbelt and jogging to the driver's seat.

"What's that?" I point at his face.

He looks at me confused.

"A clown!" I bursted our laughing and wheezing.

"You're smiling!" I say, pointing at his face.

"No, I'm not. You're being delusional." He says.

"Am not! Actually, I'm really sleepy. I'm just gonna go to sleep now. Goodnight." I say.

The last thing I heard that night was Ryder's voice saying something about waffles but I think I imagined that.

-•-

I woke up with a groan thanks to my hangover and the urge to puke, so that's exactly what I did.

I flushed down the disgusting contents and brushed my teeth before going out.

I went back to my room and checked my notifications. I got one from that guy...Jared, I think.

Hey it's Diego from yesterday. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight?

Sure. Where and what time?

I was thinking we should go to the mall and then hang out at mine?

Okay but let's just hang out at my place

Np. I'll pick you up at 6.

I'll see you then

Can't wait ;)

I chucked my phone away and went to the small kitchen to get some Advil.

Ryder walked in shirtless, looking as hot as ever and that's when I realised I was dressed in one of Ryder's hoodie which I had stole a long time ago so it's basically mine.

What the hell happened last night?

Ryder ignored me as usual and walked away which stung a little but I kept telling myself I deserved it.

I hurt him even worse when I left.

I promise him! I said I wouldn't leave him and yet here we are!

I sighed, popping in an Advil and water.

I went to shower to get rid of whatever happened last night.

-•-