Chapter 1

(A/N this is Chapter 1 of my Avengers, Hawkeye fanfic :) I decided to write this story when I discovered the lack of (good) Hawkeye stories on wattpad (not that I think mine's that good it's just less "fangirl-y*)

Titel will change when I think of a better one

Rated PG-13 coz she's ,well... not a nice person. 

Hope you guys like it :)

I don't own anything, or anyone, that belongs to Marvel, if I did, Mockingbird would have disappeared somewhere where she couldn't ever be found again *evil grin*

xx)

‘You will tell me where to find it.’ I hissed in the man’s ear as I slowly twisted the knife that was still in his left leg. He let out a cry of pain and I smirked. ‘Feel like talking yet?’ The man’s facial expression changed from a pained one to one filled with determination and before I could register what he was doing, he spat in my face. He looked for too pleased with himself. I wiped his spit of my face and without showing any emotion, I pulled the knife out of his leg only to stab him just below the ribs. Once again his cries bounced off the walls and ceiling of the small basement. I chuckled.

‘Now, now, that’s no way to treat a lady.’ I pulled the knife out again and wiped it clean on the man’s jeans. ‘Look what you’ve done now,’ I said accusingly. ‘You’ve gone and got your filthy blood all over my knife.’ My tone was filled with mock annoyance and the man spat out some blood.  I put my hands on his shoulders and pushed his back, back against the chair. Once again he coughed up some blood but I didn’t care about his pain. All I cared about was where they had hid it.

‘Where’s the gun, Dan?’ He smiled, revealing several blood-stained teeth.

‘Don’t you have enough guns already? Do you really need another?’ I slapped him hard and blood came leaking from his mouth.

‘Where is it?’ I hissed once again.

‘Out of your reach. We want it to stay there.’ I ground my teeth, trying to hide the anger that was boiling inside of me.

‘Fine.’ I said. ‘Be that way.’ I plunged my knife into his neck and watched as his eyes rolled back into their sockets and he stopped breathing. ‘That should teach you not to mess with me.’ I muttered as I released the ropes that had fastened him to the chair and I watched him fall to the ground. I angrily kicked his lifeless form, I wasn’t any closer to finding that damned gun and now I had killed my only shot of getting it. I cursed and kicked his corpse again in frustration. Now all the information I’d gathered on the gun was useless! I’d have to start all over again!

I sank to the floor in defeat and rested my head against the wall. I needed that gun, it was rightfully mine, and I’d do everything to get it.

15 years ago

‘Hey freak!’ I recognized the voice as Kennedy’s. I hated her. Absolutely hated her, almost as much as she hated me.  Just continue walking, I reminded myself. Don’t let her get to you. Before I could disappear into the shadows, like I’d usually do, I was flat on the floor with the evil eyed blonde towering over me.

 ‘Well, well ,well.’ She said mockingly. ‘Do you feel at home on the floor, it is where you belong after all.’ The fifteen year old laughed viciously and I glared up at her.

 ‘Leave me alone.’ My voice was soft but my eyes were hard. My eyes were not the eyes of a normal ten year old, but ones of a ten year old that’d experienced too many horrors in her short life. A young girl that’d been shoved from one care home to another, because she didn’t “fit in”. My life had never been easy, not in the slightest. I’d always been the little one, the one that was easy to kick around, friendless, lonely, without any hope of having happiness.

 ‘Listen to me when I talk to you, you weirdo.’ Her annoyingly sharp voice shook me out of my moment of self-pity.

‘What do you want Kennedy?’ I muttered trough gritted teeth.

‘Don’t you dare use that tone on me.’ Her voice dripped with venom as she glowered down at me. ‘You still haven’t gotten used to how things run around here, have you? I am above you, you will treat me with respect.’

 ‘I’m treating you with all the respect you deserve.’ I foolishly taunted.

‘You little-‘ She reached inside of her jacket and pulled out a pistol. My eyes widened as I gasped in horror. How’d she even get that? We weren’t even allowed to use real knifes let alone carry real weapons around. ‘Not so cocky now are we?’

‘You leave her alone Ken!’ A loud voice boomed trough the empty hallway. Both our heads snapped to the right were Geoffrey was standing, looking down at us angrily. ‘What has Emily ever done to you?’

‘Have you seen the girl? She only causes trouble!’ She argued swaying the pistol around in aggravation.

‘So just kill her? What good would that do huh?!’

‘At least she’ll be out of my way.’ She smirked evilly and pointed the gun in my direction again. ‘Bye bye Emily.’ And she pulled the trigger. I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to come, waiting for my death. But it didn’t come, I slowly opened my eyes just in time to see him dropping to the floor. Kennedy gasped in horror, dropped the gun, and run like the devil was on her heels. I reacted on instinct, I hadn’t known the consequences, I only knew one thing. She wasn’t getting away with it. I reached for the gun, pointed it at her and pulled the trigger. I dropped my head and cried as she fell to the floor, I looked at the weapon in my hand. Stark. The gun slowly slipped out of my hands and hit the ground. I wasn’t aware of the shocked cries of the guardians when they found me, nor was I aware of the shouts of the police officers when they came to take me away, all I was aware of were my tears that were dripping down onto Geoffrey’s now lifeless form. The only person that’d ever stood up for me. My only friend.