007. chapter seven.

🌻.。.:*🌾:*:💨✼✿

carmenhorowitz posted a photo!

liked by lizgillz, robertdowneyjr and 789,827 others || 471,882 commentscarmenhorowitz took the best friend to ramen 🥺🥺 #foodcravings #whattatumfeelsafterrecordinginthesrudioforthreestraightdays

carmenhorowitz took the best friend to ramen 🥺🥺 #foodcravings #whattatumfeelsafterrecordinginthesrudioforthreestraightdays

username this looks bomb what the fk !

username yooooo 🤤🤤🤤🤤

benneth_hauslerii ummmm i'm OFFENDED that i wasn't INVITED 🙄
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz this was a girls' only thing
⠀⠀↳ benneth_hauslerii bitch we're the OG3. smh, give the phone to tatum cause i want a WORD
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz tatum says she could care less

username what are you doing hanging out with that CHEATING WHORE
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz please choose your words wisely before denigrating my best friend like this. she isn't the only one who has cheated.

juliaphan fuck yes my asian is rubbing off you
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz BITCH IT WAS SO GOOD 😭🤤
⠀⠀↳ drew_rosales we're so proud of you two 🥰 from hating salmon sushi to this
⠀⠀↳ juliaphan A GLOW UP

username best friend goals

username i hate how tatum gets special treatment she literally publicly cheated on jack IN THAT WAY
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz no special treatment, just me and tatum going on our monthly food dates

username we stan a supportive best friend

username WAIT TATUM STARTED RECORDING AGAIN
⠀⠀↳ username OMG WAIT CARMEN'S HASHTAG
⠀⠀↳ username AHHHHH TATUM RUSSO FOUR IS COMING
⠀⠀↳ benneth_hauslerii look what u did rat @carmenhorowitz
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz she didn't have to record new songs??? it could be covers??
⠀⠀↳ username OMG TATUM IS GONNA RELEASE A TRIBUTE ALBUM??
⠀⠀↳ username IS SHE GONNA SING WHITNEY OR CELINE COVERS??
⠀⠀↳ benneth_hauslerii jesus carmen stop lighting more fire!!!!!
⠀⠀↳ carmenhorowitz IM SORRY @benneth_hauslerii

・・・・・・・・・・・

Plopping down onto the passenger's seat, Carmen felt her body melt and mold into one with the warm, electric-heated seat. She exhaled in satisfaction while Tatum chuckled at the sight of her best friend feeling exhausted...after listening to her record all day.

"Bitch you're tired? My voice is thinning out, I'm nearly mute as fuck." Tatum nudged Carmen awake, making her jolt.

"Fuck you, we left at seven in the morning and leave fourteen hours later." Carmen snuggled onto her right side as if she were to fall asleep in this position.

After Nicolah went to film Fuller House, she was certain that her sister would be in no condition to be left alone. Especially as she was still in the healing process.

Tatum wouldn't have trusted anyone else to stay with her, and thankfully Carmen volunteered to. Besides, Carmen treated it more like their eighth-grade sleepovers, except this time, they didn't have a bedtime and there were no exceptions

"Come on, let's go grab Taco Bell then head home, yeah?" Tatum started the ignition and played music aloud from her car speakers. Carmen woke up from the thumpy-bass and groaned, clearly irritated.

"I'll grab extra cinnamon twists," Tatum sang as they drove away from the studio.

"Bribery is getting nowhere," Carmen huffed before going back to nap. "Let me nap."

Apparently a nap was all Carmen needed, since the aroma of Tex-Mex food energised her, as soon as Tatum pulled up at the drive-thru.

"Grab an extra side of nachos, will you?" Carmen nudged Tatum while she concluded her orders.

Their total came to an undoubted surprise and by the time Tatum had finished paying then received her orders, Carmen hastily tore open the gordita crunch wrapper and took an enormous bite, not caring that sauce was dripping down her chin.

"Carm, wipe your chin, jeez!" Tatum laughed as she concentrated on the road while handing Carmen a napkin.

Her apartment wasn't even more than fifteen minutes away, but, it was clear that her patience was running thin like a sheet of ice.

"I love you," Carmen declared, her mouth stuffed with the taco goodness. Tatum rolled her eyes before pulling up at her driveway.

Each meal was scoffed down to the last crumb. Thankfully, it left the two best friends satisfied and Carmen behaved.

"Is it too soon to ask you something?" Carmen spoke up as Tatum prepared to clear her coffee table from the mess they've created.

Tatum looked up, pausing, "Ask me what? What something?"

Carmen stretched her arms and yawned, "I just wondered if you were interested in auditioning for a movie dad's directing, you know, as a distraction from...well..."

Stopping her tracks, Tatum listened intently, "Auditions for what?"

"A Romeo and Juliet remake. Modern-tale, but with a twist I guess. I think Juliet may be the lead for this one, not really sure about the depths of the detail, but yeah. Dad asked me if you were interested cause he kind of pictured you as a Capulet...maybe Juliet?"

Tatum sat back next to Carmen and huffed, "Wow, really? I haven't done a movie since... Hotel Transylvania didn't really count, but Scott Pilgrim? Damn that was a lifetime ago!"

"Well, I'll let you sleep on it. I thought you could use it though, not just as a distraction, but, to move on, you know?"

Tatum smiled empathetically, "Thanks, Carm. I will think about it."

It wasn't long enough until Carmen knocked off to sleep, Tatum following as they rested in each other's arms in her couch.

・・・・・・・・・・・・

author's note: hiiiiii! sorry for not updating but i've been busy ++ i have other books too,, but here's a quick update and also the beginning of the main plot of this book!! ooOOOh. will tatum go for the audition? and if she does what will happen? who knows ;)