Chapter 6: Rito Village

Start from the beginning

'Don't do that, Revali! It'll take hours before the bed is dry-,'

Too late.

'ARGH!!!! WHAT IN THE NAME OF—-,' A rather angry Y/N scowled aggressively at Revali, who was now laughing at her reaction to suddenly being ripped from her sleep. Her hair and her entire upper body were wet. She was humiliated and furious. Without a second thought, she sprung up from her bed and began chasing Revali. Chima only started laughing along with him until he ran out of the door and burst up into the sky out of her reach.

'What are you waiting for?! Come and get me!!!!' He teased, hovering just above her reach. This pissed her off even more, but she was beginning to see the funny side of it.

'Why did you do that, Revali!' Y/N yelled at the bird.

'I tried to wake you up the conventional way, but it didn't seem to be working. That was merely a last resort. It was worth it, though, to see that look on your face!' He wouldn't admit it, but he found it so cute when she was mad.

'Your clothes are soaked my dear! Why not come back to my house and get changed?' He winked teasingly, eliciting a bright red blush from Y/N.

'You pervert. I will get you later, Mark my words!' Y/N hissed. Revali only laughed.

~~~~~

After Y/N got changed (and no, she didn't change in front of Revali THIS TIME 😉) they began heading to the Hebra mountains, as Revali figured its wide open space would be ideal for Y/N to practice using her power.

'So what exactly does this power do?' He asked.

'It comes from my hand. It always happens when I'm protecting myself, or something - or someone - who I love and is dear to me. Like, for example, back home, we have these really dangerous crocodile-like monsters in the forests called Brocmites, and they'll attack anyone who comes near them. It's a slow and painful death, as my poor mother discovered when she was just 30 years old. I was just a kid then, and the power wasn't discovered until later. But ever since then, every time a Brocmite tries to attack me or any of my family/friends, I feel electricity running through my veins, and if I'm able to stand between the Brocmite and the person who is being attacked, a bright white light comes from my hand, and obliterates the monster.'

'So it works if the person you're with is under attack?' Revali asked.

'Not always. It depends on how i feel about the person. If it's someone who I really care about, that's when the power really comes to show.'

'It's good that you're able to recognise when the power works and when it doesn't. I don't even think Zelda has gotten that far yet.' Revali commented.

'Well, she's still only young, and like she said, she's almost there.'

A thought suddenly popped into Revali's head. 'Hey Y/N,'

'Yes, Revali?'

'If I ever came back to Zeranda, and got attacked by a Brocmite, could you save me?'

She pondered the thought for a moment, and then realised he was trying to catch her out. 'It's not guaranteed the power would work,' she replied awkwardly.

'So you'd just leave me to be a Brocmite's dinner?' He flapped his wings, trying to be dramatic.

'No! Not willingly of course. Besides, couldn't you just fly away? Brocmites don't usually attack birds anyway.'

Revali suddenly noticed something up ahead. It was a silver lynel. In the spare of the moment, he decided that he would use this opportunity to test Y/N's power.

'Hey, can you show me your power?' He suddenly asked.

'What, how?' She was confused.

He pointed a long, feathery finger towards the creature in the distance, which appeared to be carrying a Savage Lynel Sword.

This took Y/N by surprise, having never seen a part lion/man/horse before. It looked... terrifying.

'What on earth is that?!' She almost yelled.

'Shh... you'll alert him.' Revali whispered. 'It's a lynel. Theyre one of the most savage beasts in all of Hyrule. I thought this would be a good place to start harnessing your power.'

'Are you crazy? I've never seen anything like it before,'

'If Zelda can seal away Ganon with this power, you can sure as heck seal away that guy. I mean, even I could do that,'

Y/N rolled her eyes. 'Alright, fine, I get it.'

'Don't worry, I'll be right here beside you.' He smiled and took her hand in his wing as he guided the reluctant princess towards the dangerous monster. It soon took note of their presence, and readied its sword...