Just you and me

The next morning, extremely early

I woke up to see pan sat up staring down at me "can't sleep?" His thumb brushed my cheek gently "just thinking, love. No need to worry" I leaned on my elbow opened my mouth to speak but closed it again realising it wasn't the right time and rolled away from him "say it, love" he tugged at my shoulder gently, I sighed turning over "I don't think it's the right-""Thea."

He'd heard my excuse too many times, I sat up next to him "I was wondering if I could go back for the Christmas holidays? I don't know, it's probably a bad idea" he climbed on top of me pushing me down into the bed "you deserve a break but...""Peter, I will come back. No matter what's going on with my family and town, Neverland is my home! I've died so many times for it and I'd do it again! Name me one time I've died for storybrooke?"

 No matter what's going on with my family and town, Neverland is my home! I've died so many times for it and I'd do it again! Name me one time I've died for storybrooke?"

He sat back and leaned on his arm contemplating "you haven't" I sighed "it's a bad idea, you need me here." He gave me a strange look "I handled the boys before you" I flopped back down with my face in the pillow "sure thing honey, sure thing" I felt him climb on my back spreading kisses on

"c'mon love, you know I never meant it like that" I slid out of bed carefully hiding the blood stains on the fresh white sheets that I'd later have to clean "no, you clearly meant it in 'that' way!" My hands wrapped my covering around my body as I strut out of the tent.

"Thea, where are you going?" He followed me across the camp trying to keep a hushed tone "you know what?! Forget I asked. You clearly need me more than you realise!" I continued to walk into the woods with him staying there.

I kept walking pinning my over-shirt to my body, the cramps were killing me but I knew it would only get worse if I stopped moving, that was the real reason I left the comfort of the bed.

He suddenly appeared in front of me with his eyes scanning my cold shivering body "why's there blood on the bed?" I pulled him down to sit on a log with me

"Have you seriously never had girls on the island before me?" He shook his head "this might be a little hard for you to understand but this is normal for girls - my insides are deteriorating, and spilling out of me"

He laughed like I was joking but stopped immediately when he realised I was serious "what's it feel like?" I chuckled to myself, that was the first question that came to his mind?

"Mainly? It hurts but it's manageable if I keep moving around. Other than that, my emotions are unpredictable...apart from all that, I'm fine. Honestly, you don't have to worry. The stains in the bed are basically my insides, I'm going to clean it up" his eyes were still scanning me intensely

"I apologise for yelling at you, I don't actually know what was going through my head. You don't need me, you're right. You've probably been running this place for centuries without me." One of his hands cupped my cheek "I'm always gonna need you. I just need to be careful not to lose you and when to cut you some slack" I stood and paced patiently wanting to go back to bed.

"You alright, love?" I smiled through the pain "yea I just needed to move again" he stood "how soon do you want to leave?" I shrugged "I don't know? The holidays start day after tomorrow-""why don't I help you pack tomorrow and then you can take a portal in the evening and surprise your family?"

I giggled at his sweetness "yea, I guess I could" I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips to his sweetly "what do you say? We stop being idiots long enough to get some sleep in a nice warm soft bed in a tent with just you...and me?" He suddenly picked me up as we appeared in our tent, he dropped me on the freshly clean sheets he'd washed with magic "I couldn't resist you even if I tried"

As I crawled backward, he crept forward like some sort of predator. We eventually got in after a lot of making out and turning over. It was sweet of him to try and understand girls even though I knew he didn't.