Primalien raised his eyebrows. “Try to activate the tracker on the kingfisher. He might’ve found a way to block off the signal.”

On No.1, Jingheng Lin slowly chewed a bland piece of a compressed nutrition meal. He watched the bird youth’s whole body convulse at his feet, as if he was a heart attack victim who had just received electric cardioversion. 

“Primalien is trying to activate the tracker. This guy’s interesting. No matter what you give him, he won’t trust you. But if you just step back a tiny bit, and halfheartedly conceal your own tracks, he’ll be lured to voluntarily chase you himself. As long as he believes that he’s worked hard to investigate it himself, he will believe in the conclusion without a doubt, no matter how ridiculous it is. Who gave him this illogical confidence?”

Zhanlu gave a reasoned answer, “The universally famed singer, Miss Yevghania. The hit song that brought her to fame was called Believe In Yourself.”

To fit the scene, raucous music started to play in the mech.

Jingheng Lin: “......”

The commodore, who had once been confessed to with fiery passion, patiently listened to her for a moment. He felt like his blood pressure had been drummed up by the beat. He also reflected that Miss Yevghania’s voice sounded like a crazed donkey.

“Turn it off,” Jingheng Lin could no longer tolerate it. “Don’t let Primalien’s efforts go to waste. Spill a little information to him when needed.”

Just as he finished speaking, a weak, choppy signal appeared on Primalien’t tracker. A second later, it vanished like a ghost.

Primalien clenched his teeth. “All the damaged mechs, stay here until further command. Pool your power supplies for the ones that can still fight, and prepare for emergency transfer! Firstly, our enemy’s mental strength might be very high, so keep the mental networks connected together to prevent him from invading again. Secondly, be prepared to fire your missiles, we’ll fire immediately once we’ve successfully transferred. Don’t give him any time to react, and fire up your shields to the max! We’ve already caught him!”

Jingheng Lin stuffed the compressed nutrition meal’s package into Zhanlu’s hands. “Prepare to face missiles, fall back in full speed, and be ready to receive a round of bombing.”

Primalien was stuck deep in an unfamiliar asteroid belt, having been suddenly ambushed, and his fighting force had been halved. Logically, he shouldn’t recklessly give chase.

The interstellar pirates were already far away from the passage the base was at, and had taken a hard loss. Logically, Jingheng Lin had already achieved his goal of hiding the base’s location, and shouldn’t lure the enemy deeper in. He shouldn’t try to wipe out a pirate troop that had more than sixty mechs left on his own.

Neither the Union Military Committee nor Black Orchid Academy had ever taught tactics like this.

However, both the Cayley Guard and Jingheng Lin were too proud. Like demons that grew fangs at the sight of blood, every cell in their bodies trembled with excitement at the slightest hint of gunfire.

Jingheng Lin, standing at the frontline of the war against interstellar pirates for thirty years, was like a guard in the abyss. This orthodox Black Orchid graduate, who once had his epaulette lined with stars, did things like an interstellar pirate instead.

At the next moment, the pirate fleet passed through the transfer point. Before the giant energy wave could even spread out completely, hundreds of missiles were fired simultaneously in a sphere formation, shooting in every angle possible with almost no blind spots.

Humanity’s most deadly weapon drove a giant wave in the asteroid belt, almost like a tsunami. All the steadily orbiting particles near the transfer point were shoved aside, chaotically knocking into each other. They were shattered in sequential blasts of white light.

Jingheng Lin pushed No.1’s speed to its limit. He fired three missiles at once, which ran into missiles in close proximity headed towards them. The collision’s energy drew a silent arc in the vacuum. High energy particles, fragments, and the remnants of celestial bodies swept over No.1’s mech body like a tempest. For a split second, the gravity simulation system in the mech couldn’t balance out, and both living and dead bodies were sent flying.

Jingheng Lin kicked aside a pirate’s body with one foot. He ordered No. 1 to stop, and to fall back immediately. Using this slim advantage, he continued sailing upstream, barely brushing past two missiles when he rushed headfirst into the pirate mech fleet.

The interstellar pirates’ missiles’ trajectories were already set before the emergency transfer. At the moment, the pirates had not recovered from the immense discomfort the emergency transfer caused. They couldn’t force their eyelids open due to the bright light and vibration from their missiles. No one had expected the enemy to retaliate so soon!