19

"Look out!" Iida shouted at you causing you to jump to your feet, stumbling out of the Hero Killer's reach just in time. Midoriya shot past you, throwing a punch at the villain as he did.

"He should be the last one moving," you heard the pro hero say from the ground. "He was the last one the be cut." Your mind raced as you looked at your arm. Small blades stuck out of your forearm.

"If we can get you close enough, can you use your quirk on him?" Todoroki asked you as you ripped the blades from your arm.

"I'll do what I can," you nodded, wincing as you activated your quirk.

Between Todoroki and Midoriya attacking and you providing distraction when it was necessary you were able to get close. But the Hero Killer was quick. You'd almost gotten a hand on him when he turned, his sword slashing through air and skin before he kicked a foot into your gut.

You went sprawling, gravel bit into the deep wounds on your arms. Then your body stiffened. Panic seized you. You could see Midoriya on the ground caught once again by the Hero Killer just as yourself. Iida was up and fighting with Todoroki.

"Are you alright, Y/N?" Todoroki asked over his shoulder when he had a break.

"Fine!" You wheezed still trying to catch your breath.

Time seemed to slow as you watched your friends fight for their lives. Where are the heroes? The minutes dragged on and yet Todoroki somehow managed to keep himself away from the villain and never went down. In a final effort you saw both Iida and Midoriya charge at the same time from different directions. Your leg finally shifted in your attempt to stand and you pushed yourself to your feet as the Hero Killer was knocked unconscious.

"Let's find something to tie him up with," you were already rummaging through a dumpster.

"Get his weapons too," Midoriya added, already taking care of it. "Native, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," the pro hero stood.

"Here, we got lucky." You tossed some rope to Todoroki.

"Are you guys alright?" You turned to see a small group of pros approaching.

"They're just children," another said. "And those look like some nasty wounds."

"I'll call the police and and ambulance," the first went off quietly.

"Is that the Hero Killer?"

The five of you recanted what had happened. "I didn't do much," you admitted. "I couldn't get close enough to do anything."

"Don't put yourself down so quickly," Midoriya placed a gentle hand on your shoulder. "You healed the wounds you could, remember?"

"I suppose."

"Nomu!" Todoroki shouted. You went to duck but you weren't fast enough. The flying creatures talons ripped into your shoulder and you were pulled from your feet. Your hair whipped in every direction as you were taken higher.

"Y/N!" Iida and Midoriya shouted. You took a deep breath crying out in pain as you reached up to use your quirk.

The Nomu was already falling. You saw the ground flying up to meet you. Then the Hero Killer was with you, pulling you free of the Nomu's talons. There was a snap as you landed heavily in a tangled mess with the nomu and the Hero Killer. White flashed before your eyes at the pain in your wrist. A hand grasped your back. "Let go of me!" You shouted through your teeth, glaring up at the villain as you struggled under his weight.

"I told you you were going to be a problem," the Hero Killer rasped in your ear. "I didn't say you would be my problem though."

The weight on your back lifted. You twisted awkwardly onto your back as he ranted about how he was going to take back the word "hero" and how if anyone would take him down it was going to be All Might. When he suddenly got quiet, you sat up, wincing as you used your injured arm. He was prone for a moment before falling over.

When he didn't move, you let yourself fall back again. "Y/N!" Midoriya was beside you instantly.

"I'm okay," you insisted.

"You always say that," your friend chided.

"Don't touch it," you pleaded when he reached for your hand.

"Can you use your quirk to heal yourself?" It was Todoroki that asked.

"Absolutely not," you shook your head aggressively. "I won't use Fatigue on you guys unless it's necessary."

"What about your internship?" Midoriya wondered.

"I'll adapt," you shrugged.

When you were finally released from the hospital it was Wednesday. You had a cast on the wrist that broke during your fall with the Nomu and bandages covering a forearm from the blades but you could deal with that. The talons hadn't done as much damage as you had initially assumed, you just had to change your bandages a couple of times a day. Endeavor pushed you to your limits regardless and for that you were thankful.

Friday afternoon you approached him over the lunch hour. "Sorry to bother you, Sir," you began when he finally acknowledged you standing beside him. "I was wondering if I could leave the office early today to visit my mom?"

"Do you really think that's wise when you've already missed a full day of your interning?"

"I understand you may think it's a bit foolish of me, however I would greatly appreciate it if you allowed me an hour or two."

"You'll see her when you get home."

You were getting real sick of explaining your situation to people and dropped yourself harshly into the chair opposite him. You glared as you spoke. "Two things: first, I was kicked out after the sports festival and have been living with my classmate, Uraraka. Second, my mom is dead and has been for close to ten years."

"I see. I didn't know-"

"Because you don't ask about your people," you huffed, crossing your arms. "Your sidekicks are people too, Sir. Get to know them, take some time to appreciate them as they are not for what they can do."

"I suppose it won't hurt you too much if you leave a little early today," he decided. "Does my son know of your situation?"

"Yes, him and a few others I've decided to tell," you relaxed a small bit, your shoulders loosing their tension.

Endeavor nodded silently before speaking again. "Your quirk is a combination society hasn't seen much of. I was impressed with what I saw during the festival but even more so I was impressed when you were able to bring me down the other day."

You leaned forward on the table, clasping your hands before you. "I - I don't - thank you, Sir." You fumbled for the right thing to say.

He smirked at your squirming. "It's not everyday that someone of your caliber comes to my attention, Y/N. So I have a proposal for you. One that could benefit us both greatly."

Where is he going with this? You frowned.

"After graduation, marry my Shoto. Together the two of you could be the greatest hero couple the world has seen to date and your children will be stronger even than both of you."

"Excuse me?" You barked a laugh. "You're joking, right?"

"Think on it. You don't have to agree today."

"I - Shoto and I are just friends."

"For now," he agreed with a nod. "Give it time."