16

In the days that followed the sports festival you got yourself into a new routine at Uraraka's place. You were so used to getting home and being alone all night you weren't entirely sure what to make of your situation at first. As days passed though you got more comfortable and stopped seeing it as an extended sleepover and began seeing it for what it truly was. This was your home now.

It was Wednesday that same week when Aizawa explained to you all about the pro hero draft. "Heroes can elect to take students on as interns if they liked what they saw at the sports festival. You all showed remarkable skill so it's not surprising that you've received offers."

But it did surprise you considering you'd barely used your quirk at all and had even pulled yourself from the competition. Nonetheless you had close to a dozen offers from various agencies that you could choose from.

"You have until Friday to decide. In the meantime Midnight has been kind enough to help with you all choosing your hero names."

She waltzed into the room as if on queue. "That's right so think hard because this could be the name you have once you become a pro."

You struggled with the decision and stared at the blank white board on your desk. Most of your classmates found the task simple and quickly had their names decided upon. "Bakugo that's too violent try again," Midnight was saying. "Y/N, I believe you're the last?"

You approached the podium but sighed as you second guessed your decision. "Go on," Midnight encouraged.

"I want me hero name to be Serenity."

"Calm and peaceful," Momo commented.

You felt your face flush but nodded. "That's what I'd like people to think or at least feel when they see me or hear my name."

"I think it's a wonderful choice," Midnight agreed. "Have a seat Serenity."

The attack in Hosu City was one of the worst the city had seen. The pro hero that was attacked on the day of the sports festival had survived, but would be paralyzed from the waist down. As if that weren't enough your class quickly found out it was Iida's brother that was attacked. Though you'd hoped he wouldn't he accepted an internship in the same city where his brother was nearly killed.

"I'm worried about him," you admitted to Uraraka and Midoriya that afternoon before lunch. "He didn't choose Manual because he was the best option he chose him because it could get him revenge."

"You don't really think that, do you?" Uraraka frowned.

"Think about it. The Hero Killer left his brother alive but paralyzed," Midoriya stated. "Anyone would want revenge for that especially if that person looked up to the victim the way Iida does to his brother. It makes sense."

"What can we do about it?" Uraraka asked.

"Talk to him," you shrugged with a pained look. "I don't think there's much else we can do. Listen I'll see you guys after school, okay? I need to talk to Todoroki."

You found him in his usual spot in the cafeteria with Kirishima, Kaminari and Bakugo. "Fancy seeing you here," Kaminari wiggled his eyebrows when he saw you approach.

"It's lunchtime, dunce face," Bakugo rolled his eyes.

"You're such a flirt." Kaminari's usual antics were harmless and had you smiling. "I'm actually here to because I need to talk to you Todoroki. If that's okay?"

"Of course," he nodded stood but you stopped him with a shake of your head.

"Here is fine, it's nothing secretive," you insisted. "It's about the internships."

"I see," he sat. "You're accepting my fathers offer as well then?"

Kirishima nearly spat out his drink. "You can't be serious?"

"As well?" You sputtered. "Todoroki, you haven't said a kind thing about your father all term but you're going to accept his offer?"

"You didn't deny that you're accepting his offer as well," Todoroki look at you, as if trying to read you.

"Well, yeah." With a slight frown you crossed your arms. "There's a reason he's the number two hero, right? I imagine there's a lot that I could learn in the week I'll be there."

"He's going to run you ragged," Kaminari told you.

"So be it," you shrugged. "If he does I'm sure there's a reason for it."

"My father doesn't do anything without first thinking of how it will benefit him." You caught the way Todoroki's eyes flickered and the way he clenched his jaw when he spoke of his father. Now is not the time to ask.

"Hold on a second." Understanding dawned on you. "You knew about your father was sending me an offer already, didn't you?"

"He told me he'd sent one to a 'particularly interesting girl.' His words," he added after catching a glare from Bakugo. "Not mine."

"I see," it was your turn to say the words. "Well I suppose we'll be seeing a little more of each other than."

"So it would seem," Todoroki gave you a half smile before returning to his food.

You'd were only just sitting down with your food when his shadow covered your tray.

"Can I talk to you?" Bakugo was pulling you to your feet before you could answer.

"Hey! My food!" You tried to pull your hand free of his grasp but he only tightened his hold on your wrist. "Katsuki?" If he heard you he ignored your protests and stormed through the cafeteria doors. "Where are we going?"

"Away from people," he grumbled.

"Okay?" You quickened your pace to lessen the pull on your arm, practically jogging to keep pace with him. He finally stopped and dropped onto a bench releasing your wrist. Though he looked relaxed with his elbows resting on his knees he glared back at the school. "What's going on that's got you so fired up all of the sudden?"

"I don't think you should intern with IcyHot's father," he told you simply.

"I don't think that's something you really get a say in."

"It just seems odd."

You felt both pain and anger at his words. "Why? Because he's the number two hero and I'm just a healer?"

"No," Bakugo was quickly seeing his mistake. "You heard IcyHot, his father doesn't do anything without it benefiting him in some way."

"Are you saying that he couldn't benefit from my quirk?"

"No, dammit." He raked a hand through his hair.

"What are you saying then?" You didn't try to hide the hurt in your voice.

"I don't want you to get hurt, Y/N."

Without a word you pulled him into a hug, his head buried in your chest. You let your fingers plunge into his hair. Flustered. And is that jealousy? "I appreciate you looking out for me Katsuki," you smiled. "Don't worry about Todoroki either. He's not my type." You kissed the top of his head before returning to the cafeteria for your untouched food. I never even asked Todoroki what I wanted.