Chapter 11- Call For Back Up

Start from the beginning

I glared at the girl not caring if anyone saw.

Alec smirked at her and winked. "I could give you some of those genes."

My heart stopped from shock. I've been going to this school for almost a month, but it was the first time for me to hear Alec flirt. Not only was it a flirt, it was actually a perverted statement.

"So, Tori," Tate grabbed my attention.

The look in his eyes was so readable. He intentionally did it to distract me.

"Yes?"

"What'd you get for lunch?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes at his stupid question. "You cooked our lunch today, Tate."

During lunch, I decided that I was going to go and take a short nap. But once I was in the dorm, Sasha and Tate greeted me with a cook out. Long story short, I was not able to get my short nap.

"Oh, so did you like my chicken parmigiana?"

The taste was something I could never forget. Calling it chicken parmigiana was an insult to the chicken and the parmesan.

"Just don't cook again, Tate."

Sasha burst out laughing at my statement.

"The same goes to you," I told her.

She stopped laughing and looked at me mockingly. "Like you can cook."

"Oh, Tori makes the best chicken pesto pasta!" Alec but in.

I adverted my eyes away from him. Doing my best to ignore that tiny feeling in my chest, I turned to Leo.

Chicken pesto pasta was the first ever dish that I asked my mom to teach me how to make. It was Alec's favorite food. And on his 15th birthday, I cooked for him.

"I'm surprised you're still alive after eating some of Tate's creations," Leo pointed out with a smile.

I chuckled. "I managed to puke it out before it has done its damage."

"That's good."

"How 'bout the two of you listen?" Alec snapped at us.

I narrowed my eyes at him but he was not able to see my nasty look as he had already turned to face his uncle. Thinking that it was practically useless to fight with him, I listened to Uncle Zach.

"So, I have been planning about this for a year now. And I guess, now is the perfect time. Considering that you guys have this yearly project where in you will make a movie. I have decided that I will buy the winning film and we'll show it not only in Hollywood, but also internationally. Of course, I will give you guys all the credits."

The reaction of the crowd was overacting. I looked around and saw that everyone but me was excited, that was including my friends. That's when I realized that I couldn't share their excitement because this was my first year here. And I didn't exactly like being here.

The excited chatters drowned the voice of Zach Austin. From the stage I saw him give up and lower down his microphone with a smile on his face. His eyes searched the crowd and soon it found me. He was shock for a minute before a small smirk formed on his face.

"Isn't this cool?" Leo asked me excitedly.

I thought about it. I mean, okay, that's actually cool. Having your movie showed internationally was probably a life time goal. But I made it my goal to lay low and try my best to not really participate.

"Yeah," I answered simply.

Even though my tone was nothing but bored, the smile on Leo's face didn't slip. Instead of turning away from me, he wrapped his arms around me. My heart pumped against my chest like it was on nitro. His arms tightened against me. I knew I was close to hyperventilating. The air inside of my lungs felt like they were being clogged. My hands fisted and I was seeing black spots. But before I could even burst, Leo pulled away.