2) I'm Just Curious

Janine was very nervous to go to training the next morning. She knew that Alexis would have told Caroline about their incident and the Canadian was not looking forward to seeing her friend today.

As she walked into the changing rooms Janine noticed that it was very quiet. Steph, Jill and Demi were looking over some important looking papers and Tessa was over the other side of the room busy tying her hair back. Janine greeted the English girls and moved over to Tessa.

"Hey. Is Caz here yet?" She asked, her voice slightly panicked.

Tessa narrowed her eyes at her. "What did you do?"

"Nothing!" Janine insisted as she held her hands up in defence.

"Am I going to be rooming with you on our next away game?" Tessa raised an eyebrow.

"Oh god I hope not." Janine muttered, mainly to herself as Caroline now entered the changing room. But maybe Caroline didn't know, maybe Alexis didn't tell her.

Caroline saw Janine immediately at rolled her eyes. Okay, she knew.

"Caz..." Janine started as she approached the Scot. She really valued her relationship with Caroline and didn't want anything to ruin it. They were becoming pretty close friends. 

"Not now." Caroline sighed as she pulled Janine to one side. "Not with this lot here." She looked over her shoulder, the rest of the team was starting to fill into the room. "I love them. But they live for gossip."

Janine just nodded. "Okay. After training then."

Caroline didn't say anything else and just walked away to start getting ready.

After watching her leave, Janine turned her head to see Tessa looking at her with a questioning look. The Canadian just shrugged her shoulders. The ball was in Caroline's court now. But the anticipation was going to kill her.

------------

Alexis sat in the Manchester United dressing room all by herself. She had been in a bad mood all day and where she thought it would leave her once she got to training, she was wrong.

She was extremely frustrated. After she had stormed out of the coffee shop yesterday afternoon Alexis had called Caroline and told her what had happened. She wasn't going to but she was so angry that she wasn't thinking clearly and just needed someone to vent to. And seeing that Caroline was currently her only friend, it had to be her. Caroline had said that she was going to speak to Janine, as much as Alexis didn't want her to. It didn't matter did it? She didn't care right?

Alexis had been tying and untying her boots for about ten minutes now. Muttering to herself the entire time.

"So this is where you've got to then?" A stern voice cut through her thoughts, and Alexis looked up to see that Casey had walked into the room.

"Sorry boss." Alexis shrugged and went back to her boots.

Casey sighed and sat on the edge of the bench. "What happened?" She crossed her arms over her chest as she looked at the striker sat next to her.

"Why do you think something happened?" Alexis fired back as she sat up quickly. "Just finishing getting ready and then I'll be out to join you guys."

Casey raised an eyebrow. "I've been stood watching you for about five minutes. You tied your boots together at least twice. You were also talking to yourself, I heard you say Caroline and then something about Canada?"

Her cheeks reddened and Alexis turned her head away from her manager. "Okay something happened."

Casey nodded once and then looked at her watch. "You've got about three minutes to tell me everything."