002

Lillian cracked the code on the heavy steel door by punching and shattering it. It clattered to the snow softly.

"You know I could have cracked that, right?" Leah states matter of factly.

Lillian glared at her over her shoulder. Ever since she had returned from being taken away, she had been different. She was way more aggressive, strong, and she looked like she was 30 instead of 16. Leah was scared of her. She knew that she had been taken away and experimented on, but she was not expecting a completely different person to come back.

Lillian kicked then door off its hinges, and it made a huge sound as it hit the floor. She walked inside, walking over the door. Leah stares wide-eyed at the mess her best friend had made. Lillian gestures to her to come in. Lillian walks further into the dark. Leah shivers and wraps her coat further around herself and decided that she had no choice but to follow the other girl in.

Leah turned on her torch and swept it around the room.

The facility was huge. It was filled with chambers, a bunk bed, books, and there was a massive skylight above them, at least 10 meters across.

"This is absolutely insane! This is crazy! We're in a massive bunker that looks as if it could survive a nuclear blast on the side of a mountain in Russia. How did you know this was here?" Leah asked.

Lillian just shrugged. She walked over to a chamber and ran her fingers over the glass. She stopped at a specific spot and pressed her fingers into it. The glass shattered and Leah yelped.

"Good. I should've destroyed this when I found it." Lillian muttered, maybe to herself.

"You said this place was built to imprison something. What was it?" Leah asked.

"Me." Lillian replies bluntly, "The people that kidnapped me, then experimented on my body decided they had made me too strong and I was a threat to them and society. So, they looked me in a bunker. They gave me everything I needed; food, water, books, a bed, all the essentials. Then they locked the door and threw away the key. I was still figuring out my strength so I didn't know I could break down doors and whatever. I was scared. I was locked in this place for a year, if not more. I probably still am a threat. I should have stayed. I shouldn't have left. They're probably looking for me right now which means that you're in danger." She sat down heavily on one of the couches and I sat cautiously next to her.

"Lillian, you-I-why didn't you tell me?" Leah stuttered.

"Do you really think I would put you in danger? You were the only person or thing I remembered when they repetitively put my brain in the blender. I would never, ever do that to you, or me. I just want our life to be normal." She hung her head.

Leah placed her arm around her best friend; her shoulders were ridiculously muscular. And I crept Leah a little. "We're going to be ok. I know that you'll protect me. And if I need to, I'll protect you too. Although, I'm pretty sure that you would never let that happen, because you know you love me too much," she wiggled her eyebrows and Lillian let out a small laugh, "See? You love me!"

"Yeah, yeah. Maybe I do." Lillian said.