001

Before we start - I will bold the prompt. Okie? Okie.

~~~

"Talk to me. Please" Ryan whimpered.

"I-I can't." I looked down at my shoes, eyes welling with tears.

Ryan lifted my chin up with the crook of his finger forcing me to look into his jade green eyes. "You are my best friend. Anything you tell me stays between me and you; and only me and you. Please, Jordan. Tell me what's going on. I can't lose you. Not like this."

"Ryan, I can't. I can't. I want us to stay friends and this is how we do that. I can't tell you because you'll never look at me the same." My voice cracked halfway through the last sentence and he dropped his finger.

"No."

I was taken aback. Ryan never talked to me like this. "No?"

"Nope. This isn't how our friendship ends." He rubbed his forehead. "Can I tell you something?"

I nodded my head, "Yes, of course." Oh, how the tables have turned.

"Ok. If I tell you this, we can still stay friends, yes?"

"Mhm."

"I-uh I like you. Like, a lot. Like more then friends. I'm super fricking gay. And I've liked you since we were 10. I know that you don't feel the same. But please, don't let this be the end of –"

I cut him off by placing my lips onto his. They were so much softer than they looked (and they looked pretty soft). He pulled me closer and I hoped that this moment would never end. He pulled away, gasping for breath and rested his forehead on mine. I placed my hands around his waist, and he put his arms around my shoulders.

"I thought-I swore-I swear that you wouldn't-don't- feel the same. I'm just, so surprised. I-I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner. We could have lived in this euphoria for years. I'm sorry," I stammered.

"It's ok. I understand. Is that why you were upset?" Ryan asked me. I nodded and buried my head in his chest, savouring his smell. "Well, now we can spend as long as we want together. Just me and you. But only if you promise me something."

"Of course," I untangled myself from him and nodded my head

"You tell no one about this, ok? My parents don't know I'm gay. You're the first one," He looked directly into my eyes and I melted, "Please, Jordan. For us, yeah?"

"Goddammit, Ryan. I can't resist your puppy dog eyes," I laughed and placed my head back on his chest and he pulled me into a hug.

I looked up at him and he was already looking down at me, a smile plastered to his face. I leaned in and he closed the gap between our lips.

The only thing that went through my mind was, He tastes like sunshine, spring flowers and my future.