24. We've been together for five minutes.

Comincia dall'inizio

Rosalie laughed and threaded her fingers through Bella's. "Babe? I like it." Rosalie leaned over and kissed Bella's shoulder. The wolf seemed to have forgotten that sixty degrees isn't exactly tank top weather, but Rosalie wouldn't complain about it. Bella's shoulder muscles rippled through her tremors. Rosalie considered pressing her lips to Bella's exposed collarbone. She pushed that idea aside. Probably wouldn't help the nervous wolf. "Were you this nervous when you met my parents?"

"I was this nervous when I met you." Rosalie smirked, and Bella continued. "Do you remember?" Rosalie nodded. "Come meet my family, Edward said. It will be fine, Edward said. There are no coffins, Edward said."

"Well, there weren't."

"You picked up a salad bowl, shattered it, and stomped away in an impressive pair of heels."

"You made a joke about becoming our meal and part of me wanted to laugh and part of me wanted to kill you and just get it over with."

"Are you sure you didn't just want to kiss me?" Bella stepped closer to Rosalie, hovering over the blonde. "Maybe the first time you saw me your soul went, 'oh shit, that's mine?'"

Rosalie pushed Bella. She stumbled backwards and hit the house, hard. Rosalie stepped determinedly to Bella, heels clicking on the concrete. Rose put a hand over Bella's shoulder, looking up at the wolf. "Maybe my soul said, who is this fragile idiot in my home?'"

"Not so fragile anymore," Bella said, leaning towards Rosalie.

"That's true. I don't know about the idiot part, though."

Bella scrunched her face at Rosalie. "That's fair, that's fair."

"How am I supposed to tolerate you for all of eternity when you're too nervous to formally introduce me to your father?"

"Tolerate me?" Bella inclined her face towards Rosalie's. "Excuse me, I make your impending eternity enjoyable."

"Is that so?" Rosalie leaned closer to Bella, leaning her body against the wolf's.

"Mmhmm. In 100 years, we're going to look back on right now, and you're gonna have to admit it: I bring you joy."

"I hope you're ready to wait 100 years to hear that."

"You're the one with no patience. Me? I can wait forever."

"Can you?" Rosalie asked, her lips ghosting across Bella's. Bella leaned forward, trying to steal a kiss from Rosalie. Rose stepped back abruptly. "Good. Now introduce me to your dad."

Bella huffed, her heart pounding and her cheeks red. "She-devil." Bella reached for the hidden key to unlock the front door.

"Everyone and their mother hides their keys above the door," Rosalie whispered scathingly.

"What are you gonna do? Break in?"

"Maybe," Rosalie smirked.

Bella pushed the door open and turned to look at Rosalie. "You ready?

"Are you?" Rosalie retorted with a glance at Bella.

Bella took a deep breath, took Rosalie's hand in hers, and led the way to the living room. "Hey dad!"

"Hey Bells," Charlie answered, never looking away from the TV. He was watching some college sports round up that Bella couldn't care less about. "Where you been kiddo? I feel like I haven't seen you in days."

"Sorry dad," Bella sounded like a cowed child. "I can't guarantee I'm going to be around too much, but we'll talk about that later. I'd like you to meet someone."