She couldn't read his expression at all and he just stood there breathing heavily yet slowly. She didn't know how to confront him yet. She was unprepared.

"Where. Have. You. Been" He demanded rather than asking. He looked furious now.

"I went somewhere" Serena replied not looking at him.

"Where?" He asked through gritted teeth.

"Why do you care?" Serena asked. She couldn't help it, the way Draco was acting towards her irritated her.

Draco snorted, "What do I care?! I have been worrying like a mad man trying to figure out where you were! You suddenly disappeared and no one knew where you went!"

"The professors knew," Serena said defensively.

"Oh really? Thank Merlin for that! Because the Professor will surely tell us what happened!" Draco said sarcastically.

"You're insufferable Draco Malfoy! Just when I thought I'd come back and.... and...."

"And what?! What? You regret coming back now? Are you going to leave again?!"

"Oh please! You'd be happier if I left! You could kiss perfect Astoria all you want and without guilt anymore!"

"I DON'T CARE ABOUT BLOODY ASTORIA!" Screamed Draco. He was thankful that they were somewhere no one could hear them.

Serena felt a headache was about to hit her. This isn't what she wanted to do. She had planned to make things right with Draco but both of them seem to be on edge still. 

"I can't do this" Serena whispered. If they both need time apart to make things right then so be it. She decided to turn around and walk away, but as her hand reached the door, she heard what seemed to be a sigh of desperation from Draco.

 "Is this your way of getting back at me?" He finally asked.

"What?" Serena turned around to face him.

"Is this some sort of revenge of yours? To torture me? Make me suffer? Because someone else kissed me? Well, congratulations Serena because I am! I never felt this tortured since Voldemort and for some reason, this feels even worse! I didn't care about anything before! I was just afraid of my father, I didn't even care if I got killed! But now.... now.... losing you... It's even worse than death" 

Serena felt like the oxygen was taken away from her. Seeing Draco break down in front of her, seeing his pained face made her heartache. 

"I'm sorry" Draco continued, "I don't know what else to do. For the kiss, for the way I acted and handled everything. Maybe I am too fucked up for you, too stupid. I want to say that you're better off without me but... I'm too selfish. I can't..... I...."

Serena couldn't bear to listen to Draco's painful voice, she quickly went to him and hugged him. She felt her shoulders moisten and it didn't take long for her eyes to tear up as well. She hugged him tightly and felt relief when she felt him hugging back.

When Draco got a hold of himself he stood up  straighter and looked at Serena all flushed with glistening eyes. He didn't know how it was possible to even love her more but at that moment he did. "You forgive me?" He asked.

She smiled and nodded, "Only if you forgive me"

Draco's heart felt warm, he kissed her forehead and hugged her once again. "I love you" He whispered into her hair.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Serena!" Blaise screamed at the other end of the hallway making students look at him in confusion, but he didn't care. He ran up to his friend who was walking as if she wasn't missing the past few days.