chapter thirteen

"JADE OF THE ORIENT" that's was the address that Mike sent her and that is where Emily's taxi pulled up outside of

"Thank you sir, keep the change" she says handing him money before exiting the car. She walks into the restaurant and is greeted by a small lady.

"Hello, I have a friend waiting for me. Hanlon" Emily says hoping she was at the right place.

"Follow me" the women smiles leading her through the restaurant to a room with a large table and eight chairs surrounding it. She thanks the women and enters looking at her surroundings.

"Emily?" A voice speaks from the other side of the room. She turned to see a tall man standing beside the fish tank.

"Mike" she walks over and he hugs her tightly. The two talk for a couple of minutes before another person enters the room.

"Bill?" Emily says gaining the mans attention. He turns and smiles at his two friends.

"Emily. Mike" Bill says as Mike walks over giving him a hug.

"Glad you made it" Mike says letting go of Bill. Emily smiles at Bill as he pulls her in for a hug.

"I'm allergic to soy, anything that has eggs in it, gluten. And if I eat a cashew...I could realistically die" says the man as he walks in with the waiter. "Holy shit" he says standing in the doorway.

"Hey Eddie" Bill says as Emily runs over hugging Eddie. The group of four stand over on the other side of the room talking about their lives until someone hits the symbol gaining their attention and there stood three other adults.

"This meeting of the losers' club has officially begun" Richie says standing with Bev and Ben, before his eyes find the brunette. The two of them stand still in each other's gaze until Richie does some hand signs to tell them that Ben has lost weight since they all left Derry.

Ever since Emily left Derry she could never remember anything about her childhood. People asked her who her first love was, who she lost her virginity, who gave her the necklace that she never took off. And now the memories that had been erased from her mind were flooding back all at once as she looked at Richie, her first love. And in that moment, she felt her heart flutter the same way it did when she fell for him.

As Ben and Beverly go over to hug the them, Richie follows. Richie hugs Emily and greets her as she does the same trying not to be weird about it but as Richie pulls away he could see a chain around her neck. Just like the one he gave her that summer.

"Cheers" Emily shouts as the all clinks their shot glasses together before downing them. Sat between Mike and Bill, Emily hadn't felt this happy in a long time.

"Wait Eddie you got married?" Richie laughs as the rest of the group look between the two.

"Yeah. Why's it so fucking funny dickwad!" Eddie says defensively causing Emily to laugh. He snaps his head towards her, glaring.