prologue

Emily Davis left Derry, Maine in 1994 after being offered to go to university to fulfil her dream and become an actress in New York City

Emily Davis left Derry, Maine in 1994 after being offered to go to university to fulfil her dream and become an actress in New York City. Although she never knew that leaving Derry also meant forgetting the Losers' or forgetting Richie.

Emily woke up in the middle of the night to her phone buzzing on her bedside unit. She sat up weakly, remembering what happened before she fell asleep. She looks over at her abusive boyfriend scared before leaving the room to answer the phone.

"Hello?" She answered. She could feel her heart racing and her chest tightens, making it difficult to breathe slowly.

"Emily Davis? It's Mike" a voice says over the phone. "Mike Hanlon. From Derry" Mike says calmly as a painful sensation cuts along her hand showing a scar.

"Mike, I'm sorry I didn't recognise your voice" the girl says ignoring the pain.

"Emily, you need to come home, to Derry" Mike says sounding serious.

"I'm sorry Mike. I don't really remember much from Derry" the girl apologises, not wanting to leave New York.

"No one else remembered either" Mike says. "Eddie, Ben, Stan, Bill, Richie" Mike says just as Emily speaks.

"Richie" she says plainly, trying to remember why she knew his name.

"You have to come back. You all do" Mike pauses as the girl sighs. "Tomorrow. I'll send you the address, see you then" Mike says hanging up the phone as Emily sits there trying to decide what to do.

She grabs her laptop, opening it and books a flight to Derry in a couple of hours. She packs a bag and just as she closes her laptop and shove it in her bag, she looks at her boyfriend once more before leaving a note and walking out the door.

The note reading: we are over, get your stuff out by the time I'm back in a couple of days

She was finally breaking free and on her way to her childhood home.