Chapter 16: Finding Ikki

"Ummmm." Tenzin mumbled as he was caught by his daughters. "Well, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the island?" Tenzin countered. 

"Aren't you suppose to be at work?" Sora asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"No. I mean yes. I mean you didn't answer my question." Tenzin fought back. 

"You didn't answer ours." Ikki reminded him. Her eyes then widened. "Aunt Lin was here when we came here." Ikki swallowed a lump in her throat. Sora's pupil's dilated with realization. "Rohan said you love Aunty Lin." She looked up to Lin who was wearing a straight poker face. She then glanced to her father who looked ashamed. She didn't need an explanation to why her mother left now. "You asked mom for a divorce, and she found out you were with Aunty Lin, and she left. That's what happened, wasn't it." Ikki had to clarify. She had to know she wasn't crazy and that it wasn't in her head. 

"Ikki," Lin put her hand on the young girl's shoulder, who immediately shoved it off.   

"Don't touch me!" Ikki screamed. "You're the reason my mommy left! You're the reason my parents aren't together anymore!" Ikki now had tears streaming down her face. Sora's face tightened and she twirled around to face her mother. 

"I thought you said it was over between the two of you. You lied to me! And Jade, Kuzon, and Haru!" Sora yelled at her mother with clenched fists. Ikki then pointed to her older sister. 

"You knew! You knew and you didn't tell me!" Ikki screamed. 

"Ikki, you have to believe me I thought they were over. Mom said she ended it." Sora defended herself. 

"No, you're all liars! I don't ever want to see any of you again!" She took out her glider and dashed to the balcony. Sora raced after her, but saw her jump in to midair and soar away. Sora clenched her jaw and turned to the people who she now refuses to call her parents. 

"I can't believe you! You broke up a marriage!" Sora yelled at Lin. 

"I didn't mean to Sora. Sora, sweetie, sit down. Let's talk about this and find a solution. Please," she begged her daughter. Sora turned to Tenzin. 

"And you. You left her, impregnated her, and began to play with her feeling again." She cried. 

"Sora, that's not true. I love your mother. Please let's talk about this." Tenzin pleaded. 

"No. Neither of you can tell me what to do. I'm eighteen, I don't have to listen to either of you. You're not my parents." Sora yelled in the heat of the moment. Without any hesitation she leaped of of the balcony and used for air scooter to take her to her favorite place in the world. The ice cream shop. 

Jade and Jinora were about to leave the ice cream shop when they crashed into a brown haired girl running away to fast. Jinora rubbed her head and was about to mumble an apology when she saw her other older sister. 

"Sora?" Jinora questioned. "What are you doing here?" Sora looked like she was about to burst in tears. 

"Sora. Calm down." Jade came to her sister and wrapped her arms around her. "Tell us what happened." Through tears Sora explained to them what had just taken place.  

"Ikki found out Lin and Tenzin were having an affair, she ran away, and I don't know where she is. I lost her Jade. I can't find her. I don't know where she is." Sora cried uncomfortably. 

"My dad had an affair with Aunt Lin?" Jinora whispered. 

"I'm so sorry. We thought they ended it a while ago." Jade said to Jinora, resting a hand on Jinora's arm.