I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf? (13)

"And then he fell backwards and the curtains came down," Venice informed us about what happened in her Theatre class. "It was hilarious."

"Hey guys, scooch over." Tyler interrupted, squeezing himself in-between myself and Alicia. He was closely followed by Sofia, Chris and Jasper, who placed themselves on the empty seats at our table.

I zoned out of their conversation, letting my thoughts catch up with me. The past couple of days were like this. I'm not sure why but I couldn't stop thinking about the whole werewolf thing. To me, something was off, like I wasn't be told the whole story.

I understand that they're all werewolves (not really but yeah) but how does that explain my major attraction towards Kai? Trying to fight it off wasn't really working for me. In fact, every time I thought it was working, I would always end up seeing him and the attraction would only grow stronger. Trying to make myself believe it was just a school girl crush wasn't working out either. It was something else, definitely, but I couldn't pin point what exactly.

"Right, Ally?"

"Yeah."

'What did I just say yeah to?' I wondered. It was my subliminal way to try and change the subject of the internal debate going on in my head.

It didn't work.

Maybe I should ask Kai? Confront him? Pondering for a few moments; I decided I would. The worst he could do is laugh at me and my silly 'crush'.

I had no idea what I was actually doing until I reached Kai's table, where he sat with his friends. They all turned to look at me, making me feel like I was being put on the spot. Oh Gosh. Why hadn't my friends questioned me about where I was going or what I was doing? I wanted to so badly turn around and take a look at them, just to see if they were watching, but couldn't bring myself to do so.

Why am I doing this again? I tried to remind myself. Now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense. How on earth could Kai possibly be able to explain my attraction towards him?

He's a werewolf, anything's possible.

My eyes widened slightly at that voice; that voice inside me! I thought it had stopped! It always returns at the weirdest times...

However, the voice was right.

"Can we help you?" That voice sent my heart into a frenzy. It would be really embarrassing if he had some super werewolf powers that allowed him to know how fast my heart was beating. Thank God he doesn't, huh?

"Um, y-yeah. Can-can I talk to you? It'll only take like, a second or something," I mumbled.

He gave a light grin, and nodded his head, getting up out of his seat and telling his friends he'd 'catch them later'. He lead the way out of the cafeteria and I silently followed. We passed the table where my friends sat, allowing me to quickly sneak a look to see if they were watching me.

Nothing. Not even one of them had noticed I was missing. They were so engrossed in the conversation they were having that they didn't even realise I got up and left! Some friends...

The cafeteria doors were closed, and I couldn't help but notice how Kai's back and arm muscles flexed as pulled them open.

So hot.

As much as I wanted to smack myself over and over for thinking that; I couldn't. Because it was true. I knew it and he knew it, and he probably knew that I knew it too so there was no fighting it really.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" Trying so hard not to focus on how much of a turn-on his voice was, I replied.

"Uh..." How the hell do I ask him why I'm attracted to him? I can't exactly say 'Yo, I'm attracted to you. Tell me why.' that wouldn't really work too well, in my opinion.

So I decided to go with a subliminal approach. "I know this is really random and all, but is there anything you didn't tell me about, you know...werewolves." I whispered the last part, in case there were any eavesdroppers lurking in the hallways.

He conflicted for a second before replying with a "nope. Told you everything."

Lies! Lies! You're lying!

It was so obvious he was trying to feign being innocent and casual.

"Are you sure?" I asked, giving him the opportunity to tell the truth.

Whether he told me or not, I was intent on finding out anyway. So really, it was only a matter of Kai telling me, or someone else telling me.

You're probably thinking 'is she stupid? Did she not learn her lesson about being persistent and nosy last time?' But honestly, something in my gut was telling me that this was important. That whatever piece of information Kai and everyone else had left out was very vital. And you know what they say, trust your gut instinct.

"Well..." he started.

I nodded in a 'carry-on' manner, acting nonchalant but secretly growing more and more curious.

"There is one thing..."

Yes! Ha! I knew there was something, a reason why I felt attracted to him!

Who said what he's about to tell you has anything to do with that?

I really wanted to punch that voice. Not because it was annoying but because it was right. What if I'm just thinking he's going to tell me the answer to the question I want to know when he's really going to tell me something completely different?

My face dropped slightly at the thought. I guess there's only one way to find out.

"Which is?"

"Let me bring you to my house after school-"

"I don't-"

"So I can explain," he finished off. "It's not something to discuss in the hallway."

His house? I hesitated, that didn't seem like such a good idea. But I really wanted to know...

I nodded, "Okay."

Damn me and my nosiness.

--------------------

OMG I AM SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPLOAD! I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THE WATTY AWARDS AND THIS STORY, I FEEL SO BAD :(

Sorry that it's really crappy and short too but I felt like I needed to upload something, and this was the best I could come up with in like 30 minutes o_o... It's like 01:07 now but I uploaded anyways because you amazing people deserve it!

But yeah, vote and comment? *grins sheepishly* I know I don't deserve it but pweaseeee, it means a lot!

Wow, this is a long authors note...