HIS DEATH (PART IV)

A One-Sided Proposition.

The King shifts in his seat and waiting for the soldier to tell the back story on how the General managed to make the Min Clan surrendered.

Min District, South Border...

"Report," a soldier from outside the tent where the General stayed announced his presence.

"Come in," said the General.

The soldier greeted the General and gave his reports. The soldier was facing the General's back as the General was studying the map of the district.

"We managed to cut down all the vendors and suppliers from reaching the fortress," he said with a steady tone.

"Well done. Are they aware about the issues?"

The General asked still examining the map.

"No, Sir. We are following your orders as to not make them alarmed and send them back with the excuse of the district was attacked by sudden flood and we are currently doing search and rescue."

Since the district was located near the hills and rivers, the trick went rather smoothly. People just believed the reason without acquiring about it deeper.

"Good. How's our formation doing?" The General then stopped looking at the map and faced the soldier. The soldier straightened his shoulders and looked straight as the General came closer to him.

"One of them received signals that it starting to get chaotic inside as they failed to prepare for emergency food supplies before locking themselves inside the fortress. They were actually waiting for the monthly food supplies when we came. And some of them are actually begging Lord Min to surrender because they do not want to upset His Majesty."

"Perfect. Now we have our chance," the General smiled and put his sword on its holder. "Let's go," he headed out and took few others and went in front of the fortress.

The watchmen from top of the fortress noticed the General and the soldiers then notified Lord Min.

It was silent until Lord Min was seen on the top and looked down on the few soldiers standing outside the fortress.

He smirked at their number and thought they will not be able to do anything and this Nation's soldiers will never hurt commoners. They just need to step away and he will come to the King and play tricks on Him and blame all these soldiers for this mess. 

"Lord Min, I have a proposition for you," the General said with a loud voice so Lord Min could hear him from down there. "Let me in."

"I will not succumb to anything, Prince Lee," Lord Min said with a sarcastic tone. "You can't do anything to us. We are the richest district in this Nation and His Majesty will be upset you if you offend me and I believe I'm already feeling uncomfortable with you."

"I will not do anything to you, Lord Min. I don't have any weapons on me," the General put up his hands and turned around slowly to show he did not carry any weapons, "Let's just have one discussion to end all of this."

Lord Min grinned as he said, "Alright, but just you."

The soldiers were trying to protest but the General stopped them. "Nothing will happen, just be on guard. His Majesty might already have sent troops and if they have arrived hold them. Hold them until I'm out from there. Understood?"

"Yes, General."

The main gate opened slightly just enough to make the General passed through. The soldiers were wearing worried expressions on their faces. Even though they were only normal civilians, who knew what tricks they had on their sleeves.