HIS DEATH

The Devil's Plans

After taken a rest for a week, one early morning the General heads out in his sport clothes to the Royal Training Ground.

The General and Lieutenant Han start running in laps and after that they continue with sword fighting and after that they practice some martial arts.

After a few hours, they stop and sit at a gazebo near the training ground. A Palace Maid comes and gives them water.

"I'm thinking going back to the North Border tomorrow to monitor some progress," the General says after he finishes gulped down three cups of water.

"We'd only here for a week, we need more rest, we had been in the battle ground for months," Lieutenant Han complains.

The General shakes his head, "My body already feels rusty and I'm only going for a while."

"Well then, I'm going with you," the Lieutenant offers.

"No," the General refuses, "I need you to be here, watch after the King for me."

Lieutenant Han does not refute but just smile and nods his head.

***

As the General prepares his things, I go to the Main Hall to check on my Second Grandson. It has been a week since I saw him and I never trust that Royal Advisor to be constantly near him. My plans to haunt him failed when I found out that he has shamans living in his resident, he is said to be very devoted to his religion and I couldn't risk being exorcised by the shamans.

When I arrive, the King is reading scrolls and discussing some important matters with few ministers so I just sit idly on the steps and hear their discussions.

When I was a Queen, I had never involved in assemblies. My time was occupied with the Royal Court matters, which included matters regarding the Court Ladies, Palace Maids and rules and regulations for women in the Palace.

The King had never really discussed such matters with me unless he needed some opinions from a different perspective.

After the assembly, the King heads back to his residence but he does not take a rest instead he continues reading books.

I guess the hobby runs in the blood.

After a while, Eunuch Moon comes in and says that the Royal Advisor Ji is seeking an audience with the King.

"Your Highness," the Royal Advisor greets the King with a troubled expression.

"Advisor Ji, what's your concern?" The King inquires.

"Forgive me, Your Majesty, but this is a very bad news," Royal Advisor says.

"What is it?" The King's face turns serious.

"Your Majesty, I am not sure who is the perpetrator but words have been speculating around the Palace and it is making people afraid."

"What words?"

"About the Commander of the Ming's proposition to the General Lee," the Royal Advisor says with a heavy tone.