22. Mysterious Man

Start from the beginning

She doesn't know the signs until now. When she recalled back, she finally got the hint. The reason why she suddenly felt pain sensation in her chest, the agony and loss control of her powers, might be because of another life will soon be born and cause her powers to splits for her soon-to-be-born baby.

After all this time she thought losing control of her powers was because she felt sick and weak but it seems like there is another reason for it. Erik truly did claim her as his but they are not husband and wife. She cares for him but he loves her the most. The main problem right now is when the due date approaches, she can't give birth in the hospital. She needs somewhere safe.

Safer from the eyes of humans.

A place that can be protected...

Layla looked up at the Ancient One with grief expression. "Is there a place where no human can enter easily?"

Accepting the goddess request, she spoke. "There is one and you might know this person." Waving her hand at the side creating a portal that shows a fancy living room, "A place where unique people lives. I assure you, they will protect you from harm."

"Thank you."

Entering the portal gracefully, once she steps on the other side of the portal as it slowly closed and she looked around at the living room in curiosity. Wondering where she is when suddenly the door opened causing her to yelp in surprise at the person who stood there. His body is furry blue and surprisingly wearing smart clothes including a spectacle. The books he was holding somehow fall to the floor once he saw Layla.

"You.." He stares at her in disbelief.

"Urm... I apologize for the sudden arrival—"

"Is it really you, Layla?" He cut her off, still surprised.

"H-How did you know my name?"

He grinned, showing his sharp teeth as he said, "You didn't change a bit! Beautiful than ever! It's me, Hank. If you remember you know the pilot guy after we jailbreak Erik out?"

Tilting her head to the side while analyzed the big furry guy in front of her and her eyes widen, finally remember. "You! But you look... different!"

Scratching the back of his head with a slight humour chuckle, "Yeah. A good changed. I learned to accept who I am now."

"What is going on?" A familiar voice spoke at the entrance behind Hank.

Hank moved to the side to look behind, there Charles on his wheelchair move forward but stopped when his eyes set on the goddess before him. It amazed him again to see her the same and more beautiful as ever.

He smiles at her, "It's nice to see you again, Lady Prince."

"Same goes to you except without the hair." She chuckles. "Call me Layla, by the way."