The Battle For The Bridge (Edited)

Naruto was sleeping in, after a long night up with his mate. He was having a good dream of the family he was going to have some day, when suddenly there was a pounding on the door Naruto jerked awake as the sudden noise while in a happy space triggered his survival instinct and memories of the past came forward, of angry villagers either drunk, sober and in groups coming after him. Naruto in his frightened state transformed and did what any young kitsune would do and started keening and only got louder when Sakura burst through the door at the sound. "What the hell where did this stupid fox come from." Sakura screamed completely confused when she saw the fox kit hunkered in the corner.

Suddenly she hit the ground, showing Kurama behind her with his arm stretched out and hand balled into a fist, he said. "Damn that felt good, come on kit breakfast is ready." And without changing back Naruto jumped into Kurama's awaiting arms seeking comfort and safety. When Kurama entered the dinning room Tsunami had to fight with her desire to snatch the cuddly fox kit in his arms screaming so cute, but held back seeing the looks of suspicion in Kakashi's eye and he was looking straight at Kurama and asked. "What was that thump and where are Naruto and Sakura?"

"Oh the thump was Sakura getting introduced to the floor and having a rather intimate relationship... and Naruto is here." Kurama said and held up the kit (Like the Lion king) then placed him on a seat. Sasuke looked at the kit and took in the features of it.

Noticing the blonde, orange and red fur that even looked slightly like an Active Fire like as it gleamed in the mid-morning sun and breeze.

While he was talking Naruto transformed back and in an annoyed tone said. "Who is the idiot that sent the banshee to wake me up. Did she even know that pounding on someone's door will get one of two or three reactions, one the person on the other side will start screaming, two the person on the other side will attack through the door if they have a weapon sturdy enough to penetrate and three the mate of the room's occupant will flatten said person pounding on the door." Tazuna sweatdropped and hoped he didn't get one of his guards killed. He was really starting to worry when a few minutes passed and she didn't come down but was relived when she came into the dinning room with a very large lump on the back of her head.

After the awkward breakfast was over Kakashi had Sasuke and Sakura follow a kage bushin into the woods to start training when Sakura whined. "But sensei I can already get to the top. Why do I still have to do the training?"

Kakashi said. "You may have good chakra control but that is attributed to that out of all the teams that passed the jounin's test you have the least amount of chakra barley above the amount of a civilian and this exercise will help you get more."

"Not if she keeps up with the dieting limiting her physical energy and only training an hour or two at the most." Naruto said and was attacked by Sakura which he simply and swiftly dodged without a word.

Later that day everyone was sitting at the dinner table eating and discussing various topics when Inari came into the room and asked. "Why do you even bother Gato will just kill you?"

Naruto said. "Gato himself has no real power that is why he has an army of mercenaries to fight for him and they are nothing even compared to academy students. To put it simply Gato is fears that one day he will be killed because he has killed without valid reason. Someday he will die and that will be by someone seeking out Justice for those he has killed for no reason"

He was going to say more but was interrupted by Inari shouting. "No your lying there is no such thing as heroes so why don't you leave and quite acting like you know the pain we feel. All of you with your happy lives could never understand."

With that last string of words coming from Inari, Naruto's body tensed for a moment. It was subtle that only Kakashi and Kurama caught sight of it.

Kurama Muttered under his breath, "Oh No." Seeing as this could turn out bad.