21. Tamed by a Vampire!

Start from the beginning

Jake pushed Leah and ran. "I'm probably gonna kill him later," Leah said to Bella. "When he least expects it." She punched her fist into her open hand. "I can't wait."

The wolves showed up at Sam's house. Emily had a plate of cookies on the table, and the wolves were already tearing them up. "Wolf girl!" Bella called.

"Vampire girl!" Emily yelled back. Bella pulled her into a tight hug. "Welcome to family dinner."

"Embry, Quil, help Emily take the food outside." Emily handed over container after container of food. "Take it to the backyard, and don't start without us!" Emily smiled at Sam, love written all over her face. "I know it's a bit early for dinner, but I didn't think my wolves would mind."

"If I'd known we were coming for dinner, I'd have shown up earlier!" Jake yelled as he shoved another cookie into his face.

Dinner with the wolves was a boisterous affair. Leah regaled the group with the story of gym class. "This poor human boy tries to ask the Ice Queen out on a date, and Bella jumps from the volleyball court, leaps up the bleachers, and punches this poor kid right in the jaw! He never saw it coming!" The wolves howled with laughter. "Bella about shifted right there!"

Sam clearly disapproved. "Bella," he warned.

"Okay Sam, imagine that a man came up to Emily and asked her out right in front of you."

Sam looked down at Emily, who was leaning against him. She raised an eyebrow and smiled at him. "Okay, fair point."

"So," Leah continues, "Smart Barbie grabs Bella and drags her into the hall. Tyler is mad, Coach is freaking out and shouting up a storm. So Little Cullen hurries out to go get Bella, and you know what they're doing out there?" Leah pauses for effect, "They're fucking making out!"

The boys all hoop and holler while Emily yells, "Language!" and slaps Leah's knee.

"Can you believe it? Bella's out there about to shift, and she gets tamed by a vampire!"

"Sounds hot!" Embry called. Bella threw her empty plate at him. He caught it and threw it back. She caught it and set it down.

"Wolves! Unless you're going to buy me more new plates, no throwing things!" A chorus of 'Sorry, Emily,' echoed from all the wolves. Emily looked like a proud mom.

After dinner, Bella's phone rang. It lit up and told her 'Aphrodite' was calling. "Hello, hi, are you calling me to order another makeout?" The boys whooped in the background.

"Are you showing off for your friends?" Rosalie asked cooly.

Bella cleared her throat. "Yes, sorry. What's up?"

"Can you come over?" Rosalie's voice sounded strained.

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. Everything is fine. Could you come over?" Rosalie sounded unsure as she repeated herself, like she thought Bella might say no.

"Of course. I have to help do the dishes first." Emily looked at Bella and mouthed, 'Is that her?' Bella nodded, and Emily shooed her. "Oh, just kidding. I guess I don't have to do dishes. I'll be there soon."

"Okay," Rosalie said warmly. "I'll see you soon."

Rosalie met Bella out front. She hopped out of her Jeep and landed right in front of Rosalie. "May I kiss you?" Bella asked politely.

"You may," Rosalie said through a smile.

Bella gave Rosalie a quick peck. "So to what do I owe this pleasure?"

Instead of answering, Rosalie took Bella by the hand and led her through the living room. The vampires waved at Bella as she walked through. Once they were outside alone on the balcony, Bella and Rosalie considered each other. "I want to tell you something," Rosalie said while looking away from Bella.