Prologue [rewritten}

* AUTHOR'S NOTE *

I HAVE REWRITTEN THIS CHAPTER, ALONG WITH ALL THE REST, BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE HAVE BEEN COMPLAINING THAT I DON'T PUT ENOUGH DETAIL IN TO MY CHAPTERS, SO HERE YOU GO EVERYONE. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS MORE DETAILED VERSION OF IT BETTER :]

PROLOGUE -

It was around 10 pm on a cold winter's night. The stars twinkled in the moonlit sky and and there was little cars out on the streets. The air was thick with fog, and even though it was winter, not a speck of snow lay on the ground. It was very disappointing.  Somewhere in the west of Scotland, in a small town so unpopulated little people even knew of its existence,  a girl named  Justice was lying deep in thought in her old, sagging  bed in North-Alexand Foster Home, which was one of the most filthy, run down orphanages in the whole of the country! Still, the people were friendly enough, and for some young children, it was home.

"I can't believe he broke my favourite CD. I only just got it!" Justice complained quietly to herself.

She ran her fingers through her long, thick, mousse brown hair.

I really need to go in for a shower in the morning, she reminded herself.

* * * * * * * * * *

In the first room in the boys' corridor, which was directly across from the girl's one, Sholan was lying sloppily in bed, unable to sleep, even though it was rather late.

 "Oh wow I totally bet everyone's high score on that new computer game today", Sholan thought smugly.

He was a computer genius and he put on his old headphones and soon fell asleep listening to his rock music.

* * * * * * * * * *

In the room next door, Jedd was sitting up in bed, wide-awake and extremely bored. He was in a mood because he didn't think someone that was fifteen should have to go to bed at 10 o'clock, whether it was a school night or not. Soon though, he got side tracked thinking about the events that had occurred earlier on that same day.

Did you see that girl's face when I kissed her friend? Priceless!", Jedd laughed to himself. He had a small smirk on his face and seemed to think the whole thing was hilarious!

Ah, poor girl, Jedd was quite the young player and had broken many girls' hearts. He never stuck around for long, and had the tendency of only keeping girlfriends for a few days. In fact, he had never had a proper, serious girlfriend before. He preferred to have fun, which was quite unfair on the girls he worked his charm on.

* * * * * * * * * *

Somewhere on the other side of the chilled, rainy country sat poor Xavier, who was loaded with the cold and was snuggled up in bed with a hot water bottle and layers of blankets piled roughly on top of him.

"Stupid virus! Oh well, at least I don't have to go to school tomorrow", he muttered to himself.

He gave a satisfied sniff before falling asleep.

He was quite the optimistic, it seemed.

Although Xavier didn't know it yet, he would soon play a very important part in both Justice, Sholan and Jedd's lives. If only he could prepare himself for the events that would soon unravel.

* AUTHOR'S NOTE *

Just to let everyone know, I don't mind people suggesting ideas to make my story better but if you don't like the fact that it's got different people's points of views then don't bother commenting to tell me you don't like it. It's pointless because I'm not going to change it now, as this is a style that I am trying out. If think this is just me being awkward, then read a Mary Higgins Clark book and you will see what I mean, because she uses this style quite a lot and not many people find her work boring, as she is a famous author. Also, watch an episode of Lost and you will see what I am trying to say, because they use the sort of style that I am trying to use. So again, don't tell me you don't like the style that I write in, because this is my first time trying it out and I thought it was going quite well, and I'm definitely not going to change it now for you, just because you find it boring or confusing or hard to read okay? Sorry, I'm just getting quite sick of people commenting saying they dislike the style I have chosen to write this particular story in.

Apart from that, I would really appreciate it if you would vote, tweet, comment (only nice ones though) and please become a fan of me. Thanks!