Chapter One - Bella

**This is my very first fanfiction!! I hope you guys enjoy it! My name actually isn't Bella but i think Bella Holmes has a nice ring to it. Tell me if you have any ideas for the story and I will consider them. I'm going to try to update often, lets see how this goes!(Btw I hope you like the pictures and the videos)**

   I ran up the stairs three at a time after a strange whooshing sound. I reached the roof in time to see a man with wild brown hair,  a blue striped suit, and a beige trench coat, stepping out of a blue police box. Was this him? He looked right back at me.

   "Hello! Do you know what day it is?" he asked

   "Saturday," I answered, now I was sure "The Doctor, I pressume?"

   "Yes.. have we met?"

   "No"

   "I see. And how do you know me miss..."

  "Holmes. Bella Holmes. I believe you know my father." I let him chew on this. My dad was right, he was ridiculously hard to read.

   "And your father... Sherlock?"

   "Yes. I'd hate to trouble you but could you come with me? I... He needs your help. I can explain in the cab."

   "Let's go then! I've never been one to deny a friend help," he paused, "But I'm guessing he didn't ask for it did he.. Either way he's gonna get it" he announced.

   I was surprised by him calling dad his "friend". The great Sherlock Holmes doesn't have "friends". Well he did have one. Before...

   "So where are we going?" the Doctor asked, drawing me from my thoughts.

   "St. Ann's mental institution." I said to him and the driver of the cab I had just hailed.

   "Why would we be going there?"

   I sighed,  "There's quite a bit that needs to be explained. We should wait for him,"

   "Of course, "then after a moment, "His daughter? "

   "Yeah."

   Not many other words were spoken on that trip. I'm sure he could've said more. He seemed the kind of person that could talk all day long. I wasn't in the mood though.