Awoken to a Terrifying Reality

Mindless madness
I am clueless
Thoughtless choices
I ruin myself
--------------------------------------------

I gripped his arm tightly and moved to hug him. I felt him try to move me but I wouldn't move.

"Vision I'm sorry..."

"You are more concerned about your team. Don't worry about it. It's nice of you."

"But I should be thinking of you."

"No, you should prioritize your team."

"Vision."

I pulled back a bit and looked up into his eyes.

"When will we actually meet?"

He immediately looked away and sighed heavily. I could sense the disappointment in himself towards himself.

"(Y/n) I can't answer that. I'm sorry. We will meet just..."

"Vision. Please tell me where you are. I have powers and I'm one of the strongest members on the team. Surely I can defend myself."

°V̤̈ï̤s̤̈ï̤ö̤n̤̈'s̤̈ P̤̈Ö̤V̤̈°

I'm well aware you can defend yourself. I've seen what your powers can do... but youd be in a different kind of danger. But I could never make myself tell you that.

"It isn't safe. I'm sorry."

"That isnt fair Vision!"

"You have to understand... I'm looking out for you."

"At least explain Vision."

How do I do that... You would most likely find the wrong cradle? Your team would easily set off traps? Once I got woken up all hell would break lose?!

"It's... complicated..."

Great job explaining...

"Vision, please."

"As much as I would love to continue I think you should really be waking up. We can see each other when you dream. I'll do my best to try and explain another time."

"Fine. How do I wake up?"

"Well there's a couple of options. One is I drop you down where you almost fell before... another is slightly more... intimate..."

"Why did I think it would be as simple as opening my eyes. What's the second option?"

I suppose I should've explained before I held her in my arms and kissed her. I kind of expected her to pull away but she kissed back for a bit before I felt her body fade as she woke up.

"Until next time (Y/n)."

°R̤̈ë̤ä̤d̤̈ë̤r̤̈'s̤̈ P̤̈Ö̤V̤̈°

Vision pulled me close and kissed me. So this is the intimate option... it felt nice. I kissed him back, it was strange. His lips were very soft and our kiss was deep, although quick, much different than us human's.

I was only able to kiss him back for a second before I opened my eyes. Guess I woke up. I looked around and there was some smoke and debris. I saw the team around me and heard soft grunts and groans.

Tony and Steve had a few small cuts on their arms and Steve had that perfect mini scar on his cheek. The rest of the team and I just had some small bruises.

"What just happened?!"

"A missile just came through that window and promptly exploded in front of us."

"Thank you Captain obvious, none of us have eyes. He meant why!"

"That was a forged 'Stark Industries' logo, so my guess is someone hates me."

"I wonder who in this godforsaken world that could be."

"You say it like you know Brother."

"If you do, better speak up now."

The team just started going back and forth. Arguing, bickering, now raising their voices. I looked around to see the damage. It was similar to what was in the dream, of course now the team were here and Vision wasn't.

Then I realized something. We were missing someone.

"Guys. Where's Bruce?"

Three words and the arguing stopped and silence fell over us yet again. The whole team now radiated fear and confusion as everyone looked around.

There were no broken windows or doors, the ceiling was mostly intact, there weren't any clothes shreds. My guess is the Hulk wasnt set free but... still Bruce was nowhere to be seen.

"Guys, where is he?"

"Not here..."

"But where?"

I felt a strange feeling drawing me towards the elevator. In the dream Vision caught me when the floor cracked open, who would catch me this time?

I started walking towards the elevator slowly. I heard everyone calling out to me but only snapped out of it when I felt a hand grip my forearm. I turned and looked at Loki who returned my concerned gaze.

"(Y/n) what are you doing?"

"I... I feel drawn to the elevator..."

"What would draw you to the elevator?"

Just then there was a ding. The doors opened slowly and there was Bruce, some small pieces of his faded purple top remained on his shoulder and collarbone, his sweats were covered in dirt, his hair was a mess, and his skin was tinted grey.

"Bruce?! What happened?!"

He only stared into my eyes, no words but he slowly started walking towards me. I didn't move but Loki tried to pull me away. I forced him back with a wave of my hand.

Bruce and I continued to stare each other in the eyes as he inched closer and closer to me. I reached my hand out and he took it, I could feel him regain his balance which would explain why he was moving so slowly.

"Bruce?"

"(Y/n)..."

"You ok?"

"I.... I'm scared..."

"What happened?"

He said nothing but started to tear up. I pulled him a little closer and hugged him tightly. Feeling him hesitantly hug me back, a couple tears trickling down my back, and his whole body trembling made me feel bad.

Whatever happened must have nearly killed him.

And we soon found out

I was right