Chapter 58 - The Wedding .

"Sometimes good things fall apart, so even better things can fall together."
- Marilyn Monroe

A L I S H A

Today was the day. I woke up content in my bed after a long night of sex with my husband.

"Wake up baby." I stretched. We had to get ready and be at the venue to get ready with the rest of the group.

Dave turned over to his side and stared at me. "You ready to be Mrs. East again?"

"For the rest of my life." I kissed him repeatedly. "Now let's get ready for the rest of our lives."

**************
Dave and I parted ways, it was bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, so as soon as we woke up this morning we left. We were now at our wedding venue piecing everything together.

"I can't believe this is really happening." I said to myself. I currently was the only one here. So I decided to take the time to reflect on my life. I put my headphones in and sat down in a chair. Closing my eyes, I pressed play on my phone. Letting the melody of Jhené Aiko's New Balance play through my head.

"Why you so pretty?" Dave looked at me. We've been seeing each other for weeks now and he still gave me butterflies.

"I don't know. Ask my daddy." I teased him.

He chuckled and licked his lips, sending shock waves through my body. "I see you got jokes."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe a little."

Dave smiled and stared at me for a long time. I couldn't help but blush under his graze.

"I wish you'd stop looking at me." I rolled my eyes.

"I like how you play hard to get. But I'mma bag you soon." He said reaching over to touch me.

No matter how hard I tried to act, he already had me hooked. We hadn't even hooked up yet. I looked deep into his low red eyes. He was high as hell I could tell. I scooted closer to him to engulf his smell of weed and cologne. A smell I was so accustomed to now. I looked down at his plump pink lips. For him to be a hood nigga, he definitely took care of himself.

"Can.. can I kiss you?" The words barely left out of my mouth. As soon as I said it, it made me weak.

He smiled, pushing a piece of my hair out my face. He leaned over and kissed me, sending vibrations through my body. As cliché as it sounds, it felt like a scene out of a movie. The world around me spun and I swore I felt fireworks. This was the first time we kissed, and the first time I felt safe since leaving Odell. Little did I know, this would be a feeling I would carry with me throughout our entire relationship.

I leaned up and looked across to the mirror in front of me. Of course I was crying. Wiping my face, I changed the song and raw sound of Nicki Minaj's The Crying Game played.

"You're always coming in late! You're a fucking father you need to grow the hell up!" I yelled at Dave on the verge of tears. I was stressed and all I wanted was my man to be here. The man that I thought was ready for commitment.

"Man ion wanna hear this bullshit." Dave shrugged me off and continued to watch the dumb ass tv. That was his problem. He never wanted to hear me. I needed him to hear me.

Getting up from the bed, I went into my closet and retrieved one of my high heel shoes. Walking back into the room, I threw the shoe as hard as I could into the tv, causing sparks to fly and the tv to shut off.