CHAPTER FOUR

After resting up from the party, Sanem and Can settled down to await the arrival of their little ones.   Many times, Sanem would be sitting and writing in the evening while Can was reading, and she would just start laughing.   Can would say,  "You can stop anytime now, it's over with."

That would just make her laugh even harder, and Can would start laughing with her,  because it was very funny.   Sanem would start sputtering,  "Triplets in black mini dresses and start all over again."    Can said smiling, "Am I ever going to live this down?"    Sanem would start laughing even harder.   He said, "I guess not," while laughing!

At the next check-up Sanem was thirty-six weeks.   Her OB, Dr. Osman, told them that, unless Sanem went into labor before, that she would do a C-section at thirty-eight weeks.

She said, "The babies are doing great, but starting to run out of room to grow.  We will check you again in one week anyway."   Sanem was starting to have mild contractions daily,  but no actual labor yet.   Can was working from home, so she was never alone.   Her Anne and Baba were coming everyday with food,  which was very, very exciting for Can!

On the night before her next doctor appointment,  Sanem woke up from a sound sleep with excruciating back pain.   She just kept moving around slightly trying to ease the pain,  but nothing was helping.   She hated to wake Can,  but she needed to go to the bathroom.   Very gently she started rubbing his beard and whispering, "Can,  Can love,  I need to get up.   Please help me, Can."   When she said his name the last time,  he sat straight up and said "Is it time?"      He jumped out of bed and started throwing his clothes on, and saying, "Do we call the doctor now or on the way, I forgot?"    In the meantime,  Sanem was carefully scooting to the edge of the bed.   She very gently said, "Can, will you help me stand?"    He ran to her side of the bed and lifted her in his arms.   Saying, "What do you need?"   She patted his face and said, "I need to pee, would you please help me stand?"

For a second he just looked at her and said "Not time, huh?"   She just smiled at him,  he put her down,  then held her arm as she walked to the bathroom.   When they got to the doorway,  Sanem leaned to turn the light on,  she had a sharp pain in her lower abdomen,  and felt dampness down her legs.    She looked up at Can and said, "Now it's time, and we can call on the way."

After arriving at the hospital,  Sanem and Can were taken to the Maternity Ward.   Dr. Osman came in to check Sanem,  after she dressed in Can's favorite gown.  "Open in the back!" he told Sanem chuckling,  when she started complaining.

After the exam, Dr. Osman, said, "it would better for the babies,  to go ahead with a C-section now,  as it would be less stressful."    Sanem and Can were prepared for this, as they had already discussed this procedure.   Sanem agreed to less stress for the babies,  but ask if she could be awake for the deliveries.   Dr. Osman agreed that she could have an epidural,  as they had arrived at just the right time,  before labor was to far along.   Can was a nervous wreck, thinking he would have to watch them make the incision.    Sanem told him he could hold her hand, then just see the babies afterward.   Can was surprised when the nurse came in with blue scrubs,  and told him he had to go change clothes before coming into the operating room.   He really got nervous,  especially when she gave him a surgical hat to wear.    Sanem told him to go change, because she couldn't wait to see him dressed up as a doctor,  maybe he could keep the outfit for dress-up later.    He went into the bathroom, laughing.    Meanwhile the nurse got Sanem prepped for the epidural and surgery.   She had already been given something mild for the back pain and it was helping.