CHAPTER ONE

Time again for the Anniversary Party of FIKRI HARIKA AGENCY,  this time it is 45 years.  So much has gone on, in the last five years.

First it was the kiss of all kisses at the 40th Anniversary Party,  new job,  lies, falling in love,  more lies,  lots of jealously,  avoidance by me,  and then Can leaving for a year,  bankruptcy of Agency,  writing best selling book.  Long lonely year of missing each other,  hospital stays,  wishes in bottles,  medication,  starting Agency again,  car accident,  memories lost, and making up.   Not even counting the interference of others,  my parents,  his mother,  Emre,  Polen,  Yigit,  Fabri,  Ceyda,  Arzu,  Aicha, and the Malhalla where I lived.   Marriage,  world tour,  finding a home,  writing more books, Can's photography tours,  back to Agency,  pregnancy with triplets,  married for three years.   All of that is a lot for five years, but nothing is as daunting as the task before me this week,  wrote Sanem in her diary.   Shopping for something to wear to the 45th Anniversary Party while almost eight months pregnant with triplets, and Can not understanding that I feel enormous.   He just says "You are beautiful, with my babies inside of you."

He doesn't even pay any attention to the tall, thin model like women, who were and continue to chase him.   I love him for being focused only on me.

Oh, my gosh, what am I going to do?  He insists that I come,  when I just waddle,  haven't seen my feet in months,  and need help out of a chair.   He just says, "But you are so cute and I want to show you off."  Men!!

Now I have Deren,  Leyla,  and  Ayhan shopping with me today,  Monday,  before the Friday party. They are so sweet, taking time off work to help me,  but boy are we having a hard time.   Leyla, who has four month old twins,  looks absolutely beautiful and thin!   You would never know she has ever been pregnant with my sweet niece,  Ahu and feisty nephew,  Altan.

We have been to every maternity store in Istanbul.  My feet are showing it, by swelling out of my shoes,  and getting in and out of the car has worn me totally out.   Ayhan has been texting her husband and my best friend,  CeyCey for ideas, and he has been surfing the internet for stores.  I was just about to give up, and go home.  When Ayhan said excitedly, "CeyCey  found the best store for us to try, and it is only one block over near the shore.   It is a very small specialty store for all kinds of clothing."   Deren and Leyla got one on each side of me,  holding my arms, and said, "Come on little Anne, just one more store."

As I huffed and puffed,  walking down the street, I stopped in shock when I saw the shop.  The name on the sign was The Albatross For Mom's and Baby's.   I could not believe it,  and of course, I burst into tears.  They just lead me into the store.  The saleslady came over concerned,  and introduced herself as Melahat.    Leyla just said, "She is okay,  just pregnant with triplets."

Melahat took my arm and lead me to a chair saying just sit right here,  sweet girl.   Let me get you a cup of tea and then you can tell me what you need.   Of course, again I started crying.   After I calmed down and we all had a cup of tea, she started asking what I needed to buy today.   Well, that got Ayhan,  Deren, and Leyla started,  they were all talking over each other trying to explain what I needed.   She held up one hand, and everyone hushed.   Wow, I looked around to see if my Anne had come into the store.

In the sudden quiet,  she looked at me and said, "Now sweet girl, tell me how can I help you?" After a fumbling start,  I begin to tell her about the Anniversary party,  then I told her about my wonderful husband,  who didn't think I was fat.  Then I just started talking as fast as I could,  about the skinny,  tall women who were and still chasing my man,  even when he didn't even notice!   How I waddle,  can't see my feet,  need help all the time,  and can't fit in any clothes.   By this time she was hugging me and said, "Don't you worry,  I have the perfect dress for you."

She took me by the hand and helped me up, saying, "Come with me, while your friends sit here and wait to be astounded."

We went to the dressing area, laughing as we drew the curtain back.  She told me to start undressing and she would be right back.

When she came back,  she had a beautiful white lace midi length dress,  with cap sleeves,  that fell straight from the breast in the front and more fitted in the back.   It was so fragile looking,  I was almost afraid to touch the hanger.   In the other hand was dainty pair of red sandal shoes, with the cutest little heels that a heavily pregnant lady could wear safely,  and a tiny red ribbon that ties around the ankle.   I just looked at her with my mouth open.   She said, "Come on now, you need to try this on to see if we need to alter it anywhere.   I think it will be perfect like it is, but we need to check.   Don't worry it is not as fragile as it looks,  I actually made this dress, so I know."

After putting on the dress, and shoes, with help, I turned toward the mirror.   I just stood with my mouth open,  it fit as it was if it were made just for me!   I could not believe how beautiful I looked.   I just hugged her so tight.   We went back into the main store and all three of the girls started crying.    Leyla said, "Sister, you look like a Madonna,  except for that Wow Cleavage.   You are glowing and so beautiful."

Of course,  I bought the dress and shoes.   It will not be as showy as most of the dresses at the party,  but it is perfect for me!   Classy, sexy, and Can will love how it accents my added cleavage. Now I couldn't wait for Can to see me,  and for the party Friday night.

Now back at the Agency,  Guliz had phoned Deren earlier,  to see how our shopping was going.  Deren was laughing so hard at me,  when she answered,  while I was saying that they didn't make clothes for whales.   When she told Guliz what I said,  Guliz said out loud in the office, "Sanem is not a whale,  she just has gained a lot of."   She was interrupted as Ceyda was walking past,  before she could finish saying "gained a lot of babies."

Of course,  Ceyda heard and started gloating in her mind, "Sanem gained a lot of weight.   I knew I haven't seen her lately,  and Can only talks about Compass Sports,  I bet she looks awful."    I can't wait till The Anniversary Party,  I will get Can this time.    As she had kept in touch with Huma,  she called her to tell her what she had learned.   Huma,  who had been out of the country,  and had no contact with Can,  Emre,  or Aziz, was surprised to receive the call.   She did not know about the party,  but decided now was the time to go back to Istanbul.

After Huma hung up, she phoned Polen,  to invite her to the Anniversary party,  and tell her what Ceyda had heard.  They were both so excited to hear that Sanem gained weight,  because they were sure Polen,  would have a chance with Can again.   Huma had always thought Ceyda was to old for Can,  and she loved Polen.

As all of the clients from past and present were invited,  that meant of course Aicha would be there,  and up to mischief.   Thank goodness Aylin, Fabri, and Yigit were still in prison, or they would be there, too!