"Mrs. Mendez?" He asked.

"Ms." I said shaking his hand.

"Your cab awaits."

I followed him to the cab and crawled in the back. Of course he already knew where to go, Punk certainly told him. As he sped down the road I pulled my cell phone out and looked at the picture of Roman and I. I smiled as a tear ran down my cheek. Just when I got him back, he slipped out of my hands again.

My nerves were all over the place when we pulled in the parking lot. All I could think about was my mother and Roman. I was stupid for letting him go, but like he said. It might be fate. I handed the cab driver a 20 dollar bill and jumped out of the car. Bolting inside I boarded the elevator and hit the button multiple times. Finally it opened and I was met with Punk. He wrapped me in his arms as he sobbed.

"Please tell me this was a set up.." I whispered.

"What are you talking about Ashley?" Punk asked looking down at me.

I began crying as I explained to him, " I called Roman. He was my last choice, and Brock called him saying get on the plane. We were in seats right next to each other. I thought maybe this was your sick way to get Roman and I back together."

Punk's face dropped and he looked at me with a confused look, "I would never, ever joke about your mother for any circumstances. I'm not as horrible as i used to be."

"So.." I took a deep breath, "she's not doing good?"

Punk's shook his head, "Doc said she'd be lucky to make it through the night. I called April, she said she'll be here after the conference.. if she feels like it. But you should go say goodbye. She's waiting on you."

I nodded my head and gave Punk one last hug. This was it, the dreaded walk. How was I supposed to say goodbye to someone I need so badly. She was my mother, and I had to say my final goodbye. She'd never get too see me get married, she'd never get to meet her grandkids, and she'd never get to meet the love of my life, Roman.

I opened the door and peaked in. All of the machines she was once hooked up to are now hanging from her bed. She actually looked like a person, not a robot. Shutting the door behind me I walked over to the side of her bed. Her eyes were shut and her chest was moving up and down slowly.

When I grabbed her hand her eyes opened and she smiled at me. I felt the tears cascading my cheeks as i set on the bed beside her.

"Don't cry sweetie." She smiled.

"Momma, your dying.." I cried unable to finish my sentence.

She laughed, "Baby, I've been dying. And so have you. From the day were born we start dying. It's going to happen sooner or later. God just needs me up there to take care of your and Roman's unborn child."

She squeezed my hand as she spoke. I guess she had a point about the dying part.

"Mom, it could have been Seth's.." I trailed off.

"Seth could have been the daddy, I know. But anyone can be a daddy." She explained, "Even if it was Seth's Roman would have been in that baby's life. It takes courage to be a father. And that's exactly what Roman would have been, either way."

I was quiet as the tears kept pouring out of my eyes. She was right. If Roman still loved me after what I did to him he is the one. I can't let him go. Not again.

"Talk to him baby. He needs you as much as you need him." She added breathlessly.

"I will but please momma, please fight for your life. I don't just need Roman, I need you too." I begged holding her hand.