Chapter 40

Roman was currently sleeping with his head on my shoulder and our fingers interlocked. The flight was just about over but I couldn't get a myself to wake him up. He looked so flawless sleeping. I could literally watch him all day. Bringing his hand up to my lips I placed a soft kiss on in. Roman stirred a little but just cuddled closer to my arm. Giggling I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of the two of us together. He woke up catching me red handed with my phone.

"Did you just take a picture of me?" He smiled sleepily.

"Of us." I chuckled kissing his cheek.

"Oh, okay," he laughed, "Don't post it though.."

I let go of his hand and gave him a weird look, "Why?"

"Don't give me the poopy face. It's just we still have to talk and we shouldn't confuse people even more.."

"Yeah.." I trailed off, "understandable."

He grabbed my hand and gave it a little squeeze before kissing it. I guess he was right. People must me all kinds of confused with us. One minute were together, the next were not, then we're getting on a plane together. Hell even I'm confused.

The plane landed and Roman and I bolted for the door. We wanted to get out of there without paparazzi questioning us. Plus I really wanted to get to my mom. Too bad we had to wait for Roman's bags..

"Do you think this was a set up?" I asked breaking the silence.

"Huh?" Roman asked confused.

"Us being here. Do you think Brock and Punk set it up so we would talk again. I mean they are two of my best friends, they know everything." I said looking at the ground.

"Maybe," he reached down to grab his bag, "Or maybe it's just fate."

Fate. I like the idea of that. But should I even believe in fate? Sighing I began walking beside Roman.

"You know I wanted to come after you." Roman said quietly.

"But you told me to leave.."

"I was scared that you didn't want me anymore.. I tried calling you, but you never answered so I assumed you didn't want to come back home. Then Dean said you didn't want to be with me and I said I was done. But when I heard your voice on the other end of the phone I knew I made the wrong mistake. I should have went after you."

" I never told Dean I didn't want to be with you.. Dean told me you didn't want to be with me after he told me he really loved me."

Roman's face hardened. It all makes since now. Dean was trying to keep us apart in hopes that I'd want him. But I don't. It's always been Roman.

" I'm going to kill him." Roman mumbled.

" I'll help." I said stepping on the escalators.

We were quite riding down them besides the occasional saying hello to fans. Everyone kept asking if we were together but we both just stayed quiet. As we stepped off a saw a man holding up a sign that said 'Ember Mendez.'

"That's me." I said to Roman."

He pointed to a man holding up a sign with his name on it, "I guess it was fate.."

I nodded my head not quite sure what to say. Should I ask him to stay with me? Should I tell him to go? I had no idea. But all I did know was I needed to get to my mother fast.

"I should go. Mom's waiting on me." I whispered.

Roman nodded his head and walked away leaving me and my forming tears. Pulling myself together I walked over to the man and smiled.