Chapter 1: Introducing You

Chapter 1

"...and two Tiffany's bracelets."

It was like a long dull song with 'OMG' and 'LIKE' in between. Sasha looked at her friend Cynthia and smiled. 

And then she started her own list.

"Okay; well, like, Forever 21 was having a sale so..."

They were walking together to school drinking their large cups of coffee. It was a cold winter's day, and they were both overly dressed in layers of woollen scarves and trench coats, tights and high heeled lace up boots.

When they reached the front gates, a short girl with tight clothing walked over. 

"Sash, I really love your shoes, where did you get them?" 

"Wait, who are you?" She was really cute but the layers of war paint on her face made her look pasty.  

There was a regular occurrence of wannabe year 7 girls that wanted to be like the senior girls and Sasha was worn out by it. She just wanted to scream. Being older came with more pressure, responsibility that Sasha really didn't want to think about, ever. She was almost envious of the year 7 girl who still had a chance to come out as herself, not someone else. 

That opportunity had already passed for Sasha, and she wished she had that time back.    

But Cynthia beamed and told the little girl about her shopping trips all over the world where she had bought heels from every country.  

Sasha's heels were hurting her feet. 

She walked off in a daze to her first class, pondering about life without all the shopping and fine things.