1 - Puppet learns to make puppet

First step blueprints

She sat down on the table, tucking her legs underneath each other. In front of her was a pile of blue paper, or what Professor Anmo called it - blueprints.

He gave her a pen to design her crafts. But Antoinette didn't know what to do when she looked at Anmo's collection of puppets, that decorated the shelves of his workshop room. None of them were interesting nor eye-catching. The first puppet that got any paint for their design was her, excluding the failed versions of her that decorated the inside of a bin.

Maybe Antoinette was the best design, she thought. Lifting up her pen, she started drawing herself in different forms. One of the forms was in the shape of a dog, only that her head was in the place where the dog's head was supposed to be located. The dog's body was completely white, with only its limbs in black and white stripes.

In her second blueprint,  she made herself with the body of a dragon.  She wanted the dragon to fly long distances. She wanted a seal that, once activated, will build up chakra for it to fly, and steadily release chakra until it lands. She made mini versions of the dragon for battles.

And the last one was a thousand doll-like versions of herself that could bite through anything, including bones, with razor-sharp teeth and claws. They'll have amazing agility, speed, and they can't get destroyed easily.

Professor Anmo sweatdrops, he couldn't believe, that his daughter could think at all. She didn't have a brain, so how did she know about animals? He watched as she grabbed another blueprint, designing more crazy puppets. He supposed, he should stop her, but couldn't, her designs fascinated him. It was at that moment that he decided, he would do anything to make her puppets come to life.

Anmo walked in front of her waving his hand until she looked up. "My dear, are you ready to begin making puppets?"

Anmo could've sworn he saw her eyes light up, but she didn't have pupils. The balls he used for her eyes were covered in black paint and set out to dry. There wasn't a speck of white on her eyeballs, nor could any light shine on the black color he used. Was it just his imagination?

"Yes, please" she chirped, and jumped off the table, much to Anmo's horror. He inspects her, deems her safe, and pulls her over to the workshop, where tools were set out for her.

Second step wood carving

With blueprints led out in front of her, she carving out her first shapes. She started out with the dog's body, which ended up perfectly crafted, which had shocked Anmo. No one could carve wood like this on their first try. Even when he first started making them,  he would sometimes carve too hard, which broke the wood piece and on occasion the tools themselves. Carving too weak wasn't good either, If you do that, you'll only scrape the surface which isn't ideal for most, because then the puppet will take forever to make.

And she didn't write down any measurements, which was understandable, since she didn't know math, because she didn't have a brain.

Antoinette however, didn't carve too hard nor too weak, but right in between. The way she used the tools was like she was a professional. It was like she did this profession her whole life, it's impossible because she came to life today.

Antoinette finished carving the torso, limbs, head, and neck while he dazed out. She looked up at him for further instruction.

When he finally looked at her, he flushed red for having been caught in a daze. Scratching his head, he said, "We should make the dragon's body too."

Anmo watched as she turned back to the blueprints, grabbing a larger piece of wood. He supposed that he should go and tidy up. Which he regretted taking his eyes off her, soon after. Antoinette thought it'd be easier to use a bigger tool, that she couldn't handle, and cut off her arm. A strange depressing aura surrounded Anmo for weeks as he developed a new and improved seal for her.

Any damage done to Antoinette's wooden self will regrow, or reform back into the state it was when the seal was placed on. So if her head was sliced off, the bigger part of her that remained will grow complete again. He replaced her arm and the seal was added.

"I think I should finish the dragon.." Anmo said with a trace of sadness for having his most valuable puppet injure herself. Antoinette nodded like a programmed robot, before sitting down watching him work.