Chapter 9

You let out a little "hmph" noise as you followed, a little bit of confidence and a moment with Lucifer boosted your mood.

"So when are we eating bad guys or Dan?"

---

It was late when you and Lucifer finished working with LAPD for the day. You, Lucifer, Chloe, Dan, and Ella looked through all the files that Eddie was able to send your way. There was photographs, notes and reports all emailed to your group, and you all spent hours reviewing everything that pertained to this case.

You stretched your arms with a yawn as Lucifer and you walked back to his car. You could tell Venom was restless for a snack, and you'd hope the left overs back at the apartment would suffice for now.

"Do you have any plans for the rest of the night?" Lucifer asked as you approached his car.

"I will probably unpack a few things and have some left overs-"

"Why don't you join me for dinner?" Lucifer asked while cutting you off. "It can be back in my pent house, take out if you want, and it can be an opportunity for you to meet Mazikeen as well."

"The woman that chased me on a building dressed in leather spandex?"

"Yes, she is a demon. One of hells best tortures too might I add." You noticed a flicker of proudness in his dark eyes when he mentioned that last bit. "The food will be on me too of course."

"Free food? Can we get bad guys?" Venom asked. You could tell the alien felt all giddy at the mention of food.

You chuckle, "I don't know about that, Venom." You look to Lucifer. "If we say yes that would you be able to pick up a few raw steaks for Venom?"

"Of course, I cannot forget about the Symbiote." Lucifer offered a charming smile, which made not only you feel a little bit giddy, but Venom feel giddy as well.

"Well lets go then!"

---

You and Lucifer arrived to his penthouse at the top of the building. Your eyes wandered at every little detail of his home: another lavish piano, expensive furniture, a bar with a suspicious knife sticking out of it, fancy bottles of liquor, and a book case with an impressive collection. It is a penthouse you expected Lucifer to have and seeing in from your point of view now, rather from a building across the way made it seem much more grand than ever.

"How much does it cost to rent here?" You asked.

"I worked out a few deals here and there to have this penthouse and Lux. Just a few donations here and there." Lucifer smirked. He sat himself down on his couches with the food he was carrying placed before him on the coffee table. You join him, sitting across from where he stood while setting down what you were holding.

"Where is my meat?" Venom snarled, revealing himself from your shoulder.

"Come out and eat you parasite." The second that left your your mouth Venom came out, already snatching up the three, large raw steaks. Venom opened his jaw and let the meat drop in his slobbery mouth, not even bothering to properly chew or savor it.

"That shall tide me over." Venom chuckled before his form melted back into your body. You were thankful that you didn't fully taste the raw meat that the Symbiote just consumed.

"So why exactly are you, Lucifer, running a nightclub here, and not running your own night club in Hell?"

"Moving to where all you silly little mortals play was a vacation at first, but then I realized leaving hell was a big proverbial middle finger to my dear old dad. He has to have another angel look after Hell until I get back. Which will be never." He looked smug almost."My Father has a knack for having a plan for me and all the other angels, and I do not want to deal with it any longer; I make my own plans."