Chapter Sixteen: Loss

Start from the beginning

Lari: Hope you had fun with your company, Lux. It's all going down the drain.

Lari pressed the button and all of the servers were completely wiped out. At Tas Corp, chaos began to ensue as Lux got multiple phone calls.

Lux: I don't know what's going on, you'll have to call me back later! 

Belle: Lux, what the hell happened?!

Lux: I said I have no idea! Somehow Tas Corp's servers have been completely wiped out! My company is going to go bankrupt if we do not fix this!

Belle: Who did this?! The Meta Runners don't have the power to somehow wipe our servers out in the blink of an eye!

Lux: ...Lari.

Belle: Her?!

Lux: It's the Meme Stone the scientists put into her Meta Runner arm! Damn it! I should of thought twice!

Belle: I told you, Lux! I told you!

Lux: None of that matters now! The past is the past... I am not sure how powerful Lari has gotten, but the only thing we can hope... Is for the Meta Runners to fix this. Belle?

Belle: Huh?

Lux: ...Go find Infinite and his friends and work with them.

Belle: WHAT?! Lux, that's not gonna happen! They hate us!

Lux: What choice do we have?! Lari is clearly plotting something here, and if we don't stop it then not only may Silica City be in trouble, but so will the rest of the world! 

Belle: ...

Lux: ...Do this for Lucinia.

Belle: L-Lux...

Lux: Lucinia would not want to see a friend's freedom be taken away by some clone I created. Go...

Belle nodded and ran out of the office, Lux sat back down and wiped some sweat off his forehead.

Lux: I'm counting on you, Belle... Especially you, Infinite... Save Silica City from Lari before it's too late.

Back with Infinite, he walked into the house and looked at everyone, Lamar just silently gamed, Sofia was crying her eyes out and Masa was trying to repair his Meta Runner arm.

Infinite: Hey, guys...

Sofia: *Sniff* Hi, Infinite...

Crystal: I've been trying to cheer her up...

Infinite: Sofia... I'm so sorry about Lucinia... But I know Tari would not hurt her in any way at all. That footage we saw... I don't think we've uncovered the full story...

Sofia: W-what do you mean...?

Infinite: I'm saying that a piece of the puzzle is missing. And what I mean is that what was Lucinia doing in Dr. Sheridan's lab? Why was she there? I think I know who could give us answers... Lux. 

Masa: But he said he didn't kill-

Infinite: Wait, Masa. He may of not been involved in the death, but maybe he was involved in something before that.

Masa: You... Have a point...

Infinite: Sofia... I promise, I will get to the bottom of this. 

Sofia: O-okay... Thanks, Infinite...

Infinite: You're welcome. Masa, allow me to help you with your Meta Runner arm.

Masa: Thanks... Argh...

Infinite: I can't believe he shot your arm off... 

Masa: I didn't think he had the guts to do it...