Chapter 13

I woke with a start, pain erupted through my dead body. I knew that she was in danger from the very start and I was on my feet in a instant. I rushed out of my cabin and followed my Vampire instincts down to the busiest street in the city. I slid to a halt, right outside her beat up car and saw her take a shallow breath. With all my strength a pulled off the door and yanked her out; then I gentely carried to the side of the road and placed her in the crystal white snow. I smoothed her hair away from her face as her eyes flicker and a small smile creeps across her pale skin. "My hero..." she muttered before dozing off again. I look around quickly before picking her up again and racing toward her house.

        I stopped outside, not sure of what to do. Half of me, the monster side, screamed for her blood; while the other side enjoyed the closeness i had to her now. After a minute debating and her skin turning slightly blue, i slung her over my shoulder and climbed up to her bedroom window. Using my telekinstic, i unlocked the window and slid inside. I laid her down on her bed and pulled the covers up to her chin before placing a single kiss upon her forehead; then with one last glance at her, i returned to my lair.