Chapter 9

I woke with a start before images began flashing through my mind. I saw her, looking much more beautiful than the night before. She stood in a hallway as a preppy girl slammed a hand across her mouth.

I tuned the images out and focused just on the girl. I had once heard that if a Vampire became obsessed with a human, then they could track and read the mind of the so called human. I felt her mind easily, reading from her where she was.

As soon as I knew her location, I dashed from my cabin, leaving the door wide open. I ran miles of road under five minutes and slid to a halt before the Hope Wish High school. I could tell easily by the quiet hum in my mind that she was fine now; but in my heart, I knew that the preppy girl had to pay.

I reached into my memories again, finding the preppy girl's scent. It smelled like liquor as if she had been out partying the night before. I followed her scent easily, stopping outside a busy classroom. I waited outside, hiding myself in the shadows. I stayed until she left the classroom and I began to track her, but was a tad surprised that she didn't hurry to her next class like the other students. She strayed into the bathroom and didn't return from when the bell rang. I went in, unhindered by what I would walk in on; but she just stood there at the mirror, reapplying her make-up.

She glanced at me and snapped, "If you're here to turn me into the principal; then you are just going to have to wait till I'm done." She turned her gaze back to the mirror and began applying her lipstick.

I strolled across the tile floor in two steps and gripped her tightly. She kicked at me, but it didn't faze me as I bent my head toward her neck. My fangs flashed out, ripping into her flesh before I sipped. I usually preferred to kill my victims, but I kept the preppy girl alive for the girl. After a couple sips, I released her ad she stumbled back, smiling from her Vampire high. I could tell that she wanted me to continue feeding and I desired it too, but I stayed focused on my mission. I spoke calmly, while keeping her gaze, "You will leave the girl alone..."

"What girl, master?" she replied in a daze, moving closer and she reached a hand out to me.

"I'm NOT your master!" I snapped quickly, replacing her smile with a frown with a mere second; but the frown washed away by the high. "I want you to leave the girl alone that asked for help in the hallway this morning..." I told clearly as I held her gaze.

"Whatever you say," she cheered before stepping dangerous close. "Why don't you have another sip while you are here?"

"No...I must be going..." I stated before flashing away, leaving at least one hindrance in the girl's life destroyed.